Queers Draw This
Art Classes for our LGBTQIA+ Community
Queers Draw This is a fortnightly zoom gathering on Friday evenings for people identifying as LGBTQIA+. We have amazing queer performers who pose for us, with some instruction given on techniques you can use to draw them. The main purpose is for fun and connection and it is suitable for people at all levels of drawing experience.
Friday 16 October: You may have seen the amazing dancers from Brunswick East Entertainment Festival doing amazing work on their front lawn. This amazing quartet of local celebrities will be modeling for the opening class for term 4! If you haven't heard of them, check out their amazing work here. Don't miss out, tickets for this unique event will go fast!
Friday 30 October: We will work with one model with a focus on drawing faces
Friday 13 November: We will have two models as we look at drawing negative space
Friday 27 November: This week we will concentrate on foreshortening techniques with one model
Friday 11 December: Gestures will be this week's focus with one model
- Work on your drawing skills in a queer, safe and fun environment. Learn how to draw live models, explore negative space & gesture.
- Whatever amazing creations you make during class!
- Per class: 5-10 pieces of sketching paper & 4-8 pieces of cartridge paper. You can do multiple drawings on the one page.
- Pencils, charcoal, eraser, textas, glitter, ink, crayons - whatever takes your fancy!
- You are also welcome to draw on a tablet.
Queer & LGBTQIA people interested in learning more about drawing and developing their artistic skills. No previous experience necessary.
Vendor since 2020
NECCHI IS COMMITTED TO DELIVERING BOLD INITIATIVES TO ADVANCE SOCIAL JUSTICE AND SUSTAINABILITY, AND TO MAKE THE EAST COBURG AND NEWLANDS NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSES THE BEST THEY CAN BE TO SUPPORT THEIR COMMUNITIES.
All purchases are final. NECCHi does not offer refunds for change of mind. Refunds for injury, illness or change of address may be considered but will be at the NECCHi manager’s discretion.
- Cancellations can be made via the WeTeachMe app.
- Cancellations or no-shows will forfeit their class and refunds refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations will not be accepted via phone, email or social media.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at NECCHi or organised by NECCHi must agree to these terms and conditions.
I understand and accept that:
- NECCHi endeavour to deliver activities on schedule and as advertised although this is not always possible. NECCHi activities are subject to change or cancellation without notice. NECCHi is not liable to refund, transfer or offer compensation of any kind for classes that are late, or changed.
- NECCHi is not responsible for personal property damaged as part of the activity.
- NECCHi has the right to refuse entry or participation at anytime.
- activities offered by NECCHi may be physically strenuous and there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
- as part of NECCHi activities, I may use equipment and using this equipment poses a risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
I understand and agree that:
- I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the activities offered by NECCHi.
- I will follow all instructions given by facilitators and NECCHi staff and I acknowledge that any failure to do so will be at my own risk and may cause injury.
- NECCHi is in no way liable for any injury, loss of property or death resulting from participation in NECCHi activities, visiting NECCHi premises, or using NECCHi property or equipment.
- neither myself, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against NECCHi, or its directors, officers, employees, consultants or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.