Etching, Monoprint Classes
Learn Copper Etching, Drypoint Etching, Collograph and Monoprintmaking. If you have always wanted to learn how to create a variety of printmaking techniques join our Thursday Printmaking Class. Each week we will explore the intricacies of these creative printmaking techniques.
No experience is necessary, but if you want to refresh what you have learned previously, then join us each Thursday morning or for those who work, we are offering Thursday night sessions.
Once you have completed our printmaking course, you are able to hire to our specialized print room for your own work.
What you will learn
- Students will learn Drypoint printmaking techniques, line making, cross hatching, stippling, adding grit to create a variety of surface textures. We will move onto copper plates and experiment with sugarlift. We will then move on to mono print techniques. You will learn how to register you paper and ink up your plates and produce an edition of 4 or 5 prints.Experiementation is encouraed and you will learn how to incorporate Chin colle, watercolour and other materials to print on.
What you will get
- You will get a grounding on a variety of printmaking techniques that will enable you to comfortably use our printmaking facilities to produce your own work.
On site parking available
What to bring
- You wil need to bring an A5 image of a photo/magazine image or your own drawing.
What to wear
Wear comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting messy.
Oak Hill Community Arts Co-operative Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers under the direction of a Board of Directors, and operates Oak Hill Community Gallery as a community access ‘space-for-hire’ showcase of affordable art. There are artists’ studios (previously farm outbuildings) situated in the landscaped grounds.
We offer the public and art lovers alike the opportunity to appreciate a wide variety of styles from the traditional to contemporary, the conventional to the absurd. Oak Hill Community Gallery exhibits works by professional and up-and-coming artists with exhibitions held on a monthly basis. Our aim is to encourage and host new moves of art while continuing to embrace and respect the ancestry of art.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd or organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd classes and events or on Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd premises. (For use of Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd marketing materials).