Calling all machine sewers: now that you're no longer a newbie, have you bitten off a bit more than you can chew?
Wouldn't it be great to consult a sewing guru when you need one? Held fortnightly on Thursday evenings (6-9pm) the Sew Inspired Clinic with Andrea Taylor is the flexible answer to your sewing conundrums.
- You don't need to sew alone... Enjoy the companionship of like-minded makers (only 3-5 people per session).
- Learn how to take a pattern from a favourite garment, before it falls apart
- Bring along a stalled project to be jump-started
- Bring along a 'near miss' & rework or reinvent it to become your new favourite.
- Learn about great 'insider' sewing resources in Melbourne (hint: there's more out there than Lincraft or Spotlight, great though they are)
Now you can! Work on your own projects at your own pace with help on hand if needed. Increase your confidence & super-charge your sewing skills at these relaxed and inspiring sessions.
Class fee: $69 per 3 hour session or $180 for a 3 Class Pass (use within 6 months).
About the tutor: Andrea Taylor brings us 20 years' experience as a textile artist and teacher. Andrea is that rare creature, an expert who can think like a beginner - because good technique makes things easier forever. She's also creative, fun and an inspiration to be around.
This clinic takes place fortnightly on Thursday evenings 6pm-9pm. Purchase a single clinic for $69 or a 3 Clinic Pass for $180.
- Work on your own sewing project, at your own pace, on your own machine, with support from our guru, Andrea.
- Salvage stalled sewing projects, and revinvent any 'near miss' creations
- Start a new sewing project that feels a bit beyond your current skill set
- Inspiration, advice and technical know-how to help you become an ace sewer.
- Bring your sewing machine (if you don't have one, you can use one of ours)
- Basic sewing kit: scissors, pins, tape measure etc.
- A sewing project to work on.
Comfortable clothes for sitting and crafting.
Adults 15 years and over who can use a sewing machine and have completed at least one sewing project.
Vendor sincce 2015
Be enticed by the colour and texture of Opendrawer. Founded by Robyn Steel-Stickland (& co.) in 2010, we've been described as edgy, arty, elegant, unique and quirky. Part gallery shop for handmade artist product from all around Australia. Part vintage and textile art supply wonderland. Part workshop for people of all skill levels. All creativity hub.
At Opendrawer, you'll learn skills, techniques and ideas that encourage you to find your own creativity.
You can enrol in courses or workshops in felt, creativity, sewing, embroidery, book making, crochet, dyeing, drawing, jewellery making, paper sculpture, art & design, mixed media, and more.
We're open to expressions of interest, so let us know if there's something you want to learn.
If for any reason you decide that the workshop you have done or are doing does not suit you, then that is a personal decision and no refund will be given.
If Opendrawer cancels a workshop, you will be given a full refunds or can choose a replacement workshop to the same value as the workshop being cancelled. You will be notified at least 2 days before the due date of the workshop if cancellation is necessary due to insufficient enrolments.
A $10 admin fee applies to all changes of date/workshop bookings.
Cancellations made within two weeks of the booked workshop will forfeit 50% of the advertised fee - or you may find a replacement student.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop will forfeit the full advertised fee - or you may find a replacement student.
If for any reason you decide that the workshop you have done or are doing does not suit your, then that is a personal decision and no refund will be given.
A minimum of five people are required for a workshop to run. Opendrawer reserves the right to cancel a workshop if the minimum booking is not achieved. Full refunds will be given or a replacement workshop offered to the same value as the workshop being cancelled. You will be notified at least 2 days before the due date of the workshop if cancellation is deemed necessary.Unfortunately, due to the workshop timetable no makeup classes are avaiable.