Lesson 2 is where it starts to get interesting. You already have gained some awesome kiteboarding skills with our first lesson. Now it's time to gain more confidence and start getting serious. This lesson is a must for those that want to become independent.
Safety and Certification
Our Motto – Safety, Fun, Excitement, Freedom, Community Friendship.
Our students gain a working knowledge of all aspects of safety involved in this powerful sport. We adhere strictly to International Kiteboarding Organisation – IKO standards. As our student, you will receive a qualification to prove that you have this safety knowledge.
Learning the Skills and Kiteboarding
We take you through everything from Zero to Hero. This includes:
- Full kite control
- Body dragging downwind and upwind
- Launching and landing your kite
- Complete equipment setup and knowledge
- Emergency self landing
- Self rescue
- Riding the board
We also discuss:
- Location analysis
- The wind window
- Being a safe and courteous rider (kiteboarding etiquette)
- Where to rig your gear safely and confidently
- Lots of pro tips we’ve come to learn over the years
All training is in line with IKO standards.
We can teach you everything you need to know and do to become an independent and confident kiteboarder.
Duration: 2 x 2 Hours
- Gain more confidence and start getting serious.
- Gain a working knowledge of all aspects of safety involved in this powerful sport.
- This kiteboarding lesson is a must for those that want to become independent.
- One of our qualified instructors will be right by your side all the way!
- All training is in line with IKO standards.
- Camera - If your family or friends decide to come along and watch you they are welcome to take photos.
- Sun screen
- Rash vest or teeshirt
Bring something you can wear in the water and still remain comfortable.
Some kiteboarding experience is required.