NGV Study Tour: Painting Materials & Techniques
About This Class
- This study tour runs periodically throughout the year.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the materials and techniques used to get the 'look' of a painting
- Understand the layering process employed, looking at specific works
- How colour choices affect the look and impact of a work
What You Get
- A private guided tour with Dr John R Neeson
NGV Painting Materials and Techniques Guided Tour with Dr John R. Neeson
This private guided tour will draw your attention to the influence painting materials and techniques have on the 'look' of finished works from the permanent collection of the National Gallery of Victoria including:
- 14th - 16th Century Paintings
- 16th - 17th Century Paintings
- 17th Century Dutch and Flemish Paintings
- 18th -19th Century European Paintings
- 19th - early 20th Century Paintings
In this small study group Dr Neeson will guide you through various works within the permanent collection,selecting examples to highlight and discuss techniques and materials used. Questions welcome.
Dr John R. Neeson is a well known Melbourne based Artist/Educator. He has extensive teaching experience at a number of schools including the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne Polytechnic and Monash University. He has a PhD from Monash University and as a Samstag Scholar a research qualification from The Royal College of Art, London.
Special offer: Book morning NGV study tour and get $10 off our afternoon history of art studio lecture with Geoff Tolchard when booked as a package!