- 6 Guests per class maximum
- Saturday: Session 1: 10:00am - 12:30pm, Session 2: 1:30pm - 3:00 pm
About This Class
Get expert tuition from Chef Chaloem as he shares with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, and demonstrates the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality.
Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE.
Paladarr offers the following seasonal menus
We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any special alteration to the menu
Summer (Jan - Feb)
- Make your own original Red Curry Paste
- Kaeng Daeng Bet – Duck breast in Red Curry
- Pla Goong - Seared Prawns Salad
- Moo Grorp – Roasted Pork Belly with Chinese Broccoli
- Khao Soi – Thai Laksa Soup with egg noodles
- Fresh Mango and Sticky Rice
Autumn (March - May)
- Make your own original Penang Curry Paste
- Kaeng Penang Gair - Lamb in Penang Curry
- Goong Kratiem - Prawns in Pepper and garlic
- Kaeng Ba Gai - Hot spicy Jungle Curry with Chicken
- Kor Moo Yang – Grilled Pork Neck
- Yum Tua - Nut Salad
Winter (June - Aug)
- Make your own original Massaman Curry paste
- Kaeng Mussaman Gai - Chicken in Mussaman Curry
- Moo Gatee - Pork Dip
- Yum Neua – Grilled Beef Salad
- Sam Kassart - Three Kings. Lightly battered crunchy prawns, calamari portions and Rock Ling fillet, stir-fried with seasonal vegetables
- Mee Grorp – diced prawn and chicken stir-fried with crispy noodles
Spring (Sept - Dec)
- Make your own original Yellow Curry paste
- Kaeng Luang Ba - Seafood in Yellow Curry
- Som Tum – Papaya Salad
- Gai Yang – Barbequed Chicken with dipping Sauce
- Pad Neua Krapow - Beef and Basil Stirfry
- Por Pia Ruam Puk - Vegetarian Spring rolls
Enjoy a feast of Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs and a glass of wine to conclude. The experience begins promptly at 10 am. with a welcoming coffee. At the end of the lesson, students may eat the fruits of their labours with a complimentary glass of wine, or take them home to share.
You will also receive recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class and a lovely certificate signed by the chef.
- Please advise us of any food allergies that you might have at the time of booking – due to the nature of the cuisine, we are not always able to accommodate all dietary requirements, but we'll do our best!
- Schedules may change and seasonal ingredients are subject to availability - if circumstances change we will let you know ahead of time.
Classes run for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Discover Chef Chaloem's personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients.
- Learn how to prepare a seasonal selection of fantastic dishes from North East Thailand.
- Master Chef Chaloem will also demonstrate how to prepare traditional sauces and accompaniments.
- Expert tuition from Master Chef Chaloem.
- A lovely certificate signed by the Chef
- Recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class
- Coffee and tea to be served at the start of the class
- Enjoy the meal you will prepare in class with a glass of wine, plus Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs!
- Everything you need is provided!
Closed-in footwear, Non Frilly Clothing.
Beginners and experienced cookers are all welcome
Vendor sincce 2015
Dine with us and you’ll soon find Paladarr is one of Melbourne’s best kept secrets. If you’re after a "night to remember” and something a little bit special, then you owe it to yourself to join us for lunch or dinner.
The kitchen overseen by Issan local and Master Chef Chaloem Chaiseeha is all about delicate flavour and balance using the best produce, balance and style. Specialising in dishes from Thailand's north east, 'Loem' prepares his dishes, with a deft salt-sour-heat balance and dazzlingly fresh ingredients. Food that is clean and bright, with layers of flavour and the right balance of heat and spice.
Chaloem will share with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, as well as demonstrating the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality. Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE.