- 6 Guets per class maximum
- Saturday: Session 1: 10:00am - 12:30pm, Session 2: 1:30pm - 3:00 pm
About This Class
Get expert tuition from Chef Chaloem as he shares with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, and demonstrates the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality.
Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE.
Paladarr offers the following seasonal menus
We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for amy special alteration to the menu
Spring (Sept - Dec)
- Som Tum – Papaya Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Prawns in Yellow Curry
- Chicken in Garlic & Pepper Stir-fry
- Curry Puffs
Summer (Jan - Feb)
- Pla Goong - Seared Prawns Salad
- Pad Thai
- Chicken in Green Curry
- Fresh Mango and Sticky Rice
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs
Autumn (March - May)
- Larb Gai
- Beef Kaprow Stir-fry
- Chicken in Penang Curry
- Kaeng Om’ North Eastern Thai Curry with chicken
- Curry Puffs
Winter (June - Aug)
- Pork Dip
- Chicken & Cashews Stir-fry
- Beef in Mussaman Curry
- ‘Tom Kar’ - Spicy coconut-milk soup with chicken
- Vegetarian Curry Puffs.
Enjoy a feast of Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs and a glass of wine to conclude. The experience begins promptly at 10am. with a welcoming coffee. At the end of the lesson students may eat the fruits of their labours with a complimentary glass of wine, or take them home to share.
You will also receive recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class and a lovely certificate signed by the chef.
- Please advise us of any food allergies that you might have at the time of booking – due to the nature of the cuisine, we are not always able to accommodate all dietary requirements, but we'll do our best!
- Schedules may change and seasonal ingredients are subject to availability - if circumstances change we will let you know ahead of time.
Classes run for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Discover Chef Chaloem's personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients.
- Learn how to prepare a seasonal selection of fantastic dishes from North East Thailand.
- Master Chef Chaloem will also demonstrate how to prepare traditional sauces and accompaniments.
- Expert tuition from Master Chef Chaloem.
- A lovely certificate signed by the Chef
- Recipes for each of the dishes you prepare during the class
- Coffee and tea to be served at the start of the class
- Enjoy the meal you will prepare in class with a glass of wine, plus Chaloem’s famous Curry Puffs!
- Everything you need is provided!
Closed-in footwear, Non Frilly Clothing.
Beginners and experienced cookers are all welcome
Vendor sincce 2015
Dine with us and you’ll soon find Paladarr is one of Melbourne’s best kept secrets. If you’re after a "night to remember” and something a little bit special, then you owe it to yourself to join us for lunch or dinner.
The kitchen overseen by Issan local and Master Chef Chaloem Chaiseeha is all about delicate flavour and balance using the best produce, balance and style. Specialising in dishes from Thailand's north east, 'Loem' prepares his dishes, with a deft salt-sour-heat balance and dazzlingly fresh ingredients. Food that is clean and bright, with layers of flavour and the right balance of heat and spice.
Chaloem will share with you his personal recipes and knowledge of ingredients, as well as demonstrating the methods and techniques necessary to achieve a meal that is authentically Thai and of restaurant quality. Chaloem has much experience in teaching Thai cookery having held classes in his Trentham restaurant before moving to Melbourne. He has also conducted sessional training for William Angliss TAFE.