3 week Course through Emilia-Romagna
WEEK #1 PASTA 101
The Italian way to make fresh pasta!
In this step-by-step class, you will learn to make two kinds of egg pasta typical to the Emilia-Romagna region, tagliatelle, and garganelli.
To accompany your pasta, we will cook a simple, tasty Sausage and Pea Ragu – and we will have lunch together.
Class time: 180 minutes
WEEK #2 TORTELLINI IN BROTH OR PARMIGIANO CREAM
In week two, you will learn how to make the traditional pasta of Emilia-Romagna, tortellini.
Following famous chef Massimo Bottura's recipe, we will prepare tortellini and cook them two ways: in brodo (broth) and a Parmigiano cream.
The filling of the tortellini is as important as the pasta. For this recipe, we stick to using ingredients from the Emilia-Romagna region, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, and fresh pork. When you combine these flavours with those in the broth, a moreish savory taste known as umami occurs.
Class time:180 minutes
WEEK #3 SPINACH & RICOTTA TORTELLONI + EGG YOLK RAVIOLO
You will learn how to make tortelloni with one of the most decadent fillings in week four: the simple and delicious combination of slowly roasted spinach and ricotta. Also, we will make the delicate EGG YOLK ravioli using the same filling. We will serve both with a brown butter and sage sauce, which we will learn how to make together.
Class time: 180 minutes
So, what do you think? Are you ready to pack your appetite and join me for this luxury journey through Emilia-Romagna?
The Italian region of Emilia-Romagna is the ultimate foodie destination, famous for ragu, parmesan cheese, prosciutto di Parma, balsamic vinegar, AND handmade pasta!
In Emilia-Romagna's capital city of Bologna, I honed my pasta making skills; learning to master different flours and how to blend them properly to create silky smooth pasta, every time.
Emilia-Romagna is where I keep my heart, and now, I want to take you there too.
So, pack your appetite and come with me as we journey to the depths of Italian soul food!
Pasta Journey courses ensure you obtain the skills required to make incredible, traditional, handmade pasta. We will always make enough pasta to have lunch together and to take home and provide a nourishing and tasty dinner.
By doing this course, you are creating new traditions and sharing food from the heart.
What you will learn
- Are you ready to pack your appetite and join me for this luxury journey through Emilia-Romagna?
What you will get
- Recipe booklet and the the skills required to make incredible, traditional, handmade pasta.
Plenty of free parking
What to bring
- Students will get a list of ingredients after registration
What to wear
Beginner friendly class
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Pasta Journey requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Pasta Journey has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Pasta Journey does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Pasta Journey to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Pasta Journey or organised by Pasta Journey must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Pasta Journey
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Pasta Journey unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Pasta Journey classes and events or on Pasta Journey premises. (For use of Pasta Journey marketing materials).
Pasta Journey requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.