In this step-by-step class, you will learn how to combine flour and eggs to make a soft, silky dough by hand and roll it using a pasta machine.
You will make two kinds of egg pasta typical to the Emilia-Romagna region, tagliatelle, and garganelli.
Tagliatelle, a well-loved and well-known pasta, are long, flat ribbons similar in shape to fettuccine. Garganelli are meant to look like a trachea – the tube connecting your nose to your lungs. They are the equivalent of penne pasta, and they are formed by rolling a flat, square piece of dough into a cylindrical shape. Traditionally, garganelli were made by rolling them along the piece of a weaving loom called a pettine in Italian – a comb. You will only find fragments of pettine for sale in antique markets and online, and an acceptable substitute is a ridged garganelli or cavatelli board. The grooves the board makes aren't quite as fine as with a pettine, but the pasta still looks pretty, and it tastes the same.
To accompany our pasta, we will cook a simple, tasty Gypsy Sauce with pancetta, mushrooms, olives and tomato. The sauce can also be vegan.
A recipe with a list of ingredients will be sent to you after booking.
A kit with tools to make this class can be delivered to your door at an additional cost.
What you'll get in your craft kit
- Pasta wheel cutter
- Garganelli board
- 1 kg 00 Caputo flour
- 1 kg Semolina Caputo flour
- Recipe Booklet
If you wish to purchase the kit, please buy the Online + kit option.
Class time: 2 h
What you will learn
- In this step-by-step class, you will learn how make two kinds of egg pasta typical to the Emilia-Romagna region, tagliatelle, and garganelli.
What you will get
- The knoledge to make fresh pasta.
What to bring
- Your interest to learn!
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothing
Beginner friendly class
Pasta Journey has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Pasta Journey requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Pasta Journey has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Pasta Journey does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Pasta Journey to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Pasta Journey or organised by Pasta Journey must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Pasta Journey
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Pasta Journey unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Pasta Journey classes and events or on Pasta Journey premises. (For use of Pasta Journey marketing materials).
Pasta Journey requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.