Learn the art of dough rolling and how to use your hands to shape and stuff the delicate tortellini.
Following famous chef Massimo Bottura's recipe, we will prepare tortellini and cook them two ways: in brodo (broth) and a Parmigiano cream.
The filling of the tortellini is as important as the pasta. For this recipe, we stick to using ingredients from the Emilia-Romagna region, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, and fresh pork. When you combine these flavours with those in the broth, a moreish savory taste known as umami occurs. Your happy palate will dance with joy from the salty, meaty flavors of steak, mushroom, anchovy, and aged cheese.
Tortellini are a specialty of Bologna. Of course, an official recipe is registered with the Bologna Chamber of Commerce, which says the filling should be equal quantities of pork loin, prosciutto, mortadella, and Parmigiano Reggiano. The reality is that every family in Bologna has a slightly different version that was passed down by nonna, probably before the official version was written. They are always delicious, whatever the variations, and form an essential part of Christmas celebrations – although they are eaten all year round these days.
During this class we will make the dough using a food processor, a rather quick and modern technique that I think you will appreciate! After shaping all the tortellini we will cook them and we will virtually sit down to enjoy them.
A recipe with a list of ingredients will be sent to you after booking.
You need a pasta machine to attend this class.
If you wish you can purchase a kit that includes:
- a pasta machine, Marcato made in Italy
- a pasta cutter, made in Italy
- a can of Organic San Elk chicken stock
The kit can be delivered in 5 to 10 days
What you will learn
- The skill to amke perfect Tortellini, like a grandma from Bologna!
What you will get
- Recipe booklet, lunch, wine and some fresh pasta to take home.
What to bring
- An apron
What to wear
Casual clothing, comfortable shoes
Beginner friendly class
Pasta Journey has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Pasta Journey requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Pasta Journey has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Pasta Journey does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Pasta Journey to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Pasta Journey or organised by Pasta Journey must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Pasta Journey
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Pasta Journey unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Pasta Journey classes and events or on Pasta Journey premises. (For use of Pasta Journey marketing materials).
Pasta Journey requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Pasta Journey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.