This will consist of a brief lecture on basic light metering, followed by a short practical session in the studio for assessment and critique of photographs taken.
What you will learn
- What you will learn is how correct exposure is defined and how to look, expose and shoot for it, to obtain consistent correct exposures time and time again. And how correct exposure forms the foundation of a good photograph. Develop an understanding of how different light meters work in incident, reflected and flash & when you should use one. How to define and look for blacks, whites, tonal ranges, detail in highlight and shadow. Includes grey, B&W & colour scales & passport checker.
What you will get
- Individual assistance in a group of 4 or less
- Feedback and shooting tips
- Photography notes
What to bring
- Camera with full manual settings, fully charged battery and empty memory card. If your camera does not have a pop up flash please bring an external flash
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothes
Anyone who wants to have a better understanding of how exposure affects the quality of their images.
Penny Koukoulas Photography is a Brisbane based company who specialises in running photography walking tours. We have a great passion for photography and have worked in the industry for over 30 years.
All the photography tours, workshops and courses are designed for you to discover some great locations while learning how to take great photographs.
We run tours in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast.
The philosophy is to teach in simple and easy to understand terms. The tours run in a small group environment so everyone gets attention and has fun learning all about photography !
Like us on Facebook : www.facebook.com/PennyKPhotography
Follow us on Instagram : www.instagram.com/pennykoukoulasphotography
Tweet us : www.twitter.com/PennyKPhoto
Penny Koukoulas Photography has an average rating of 4.8 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Numbers on the Day
These workshops are limited to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 students, dependent on the maximum for each class. In the unlikely event of not reaching minimum numbers, the course will be postponed to the next available date.
This does not apply to the private and online lessons which are one on one.
Locations may vary according to weather conditions. The location will be sent to you the night before the workshop following a check of the weather forecast.
Please note that this does not apply to online lessons or indoor workshops.
Zoom is a third party communications solution and is in no way the responsibility of Penny Koukoulas Photography