Spend a day designing and making your own drop or stud earrings. We work together to design your own unique pair of earrings and then turn your design into reality.
When designing your unique piece we consider:
- type of earring - studs or dangle
- types of hooks
- Shape of the earrings
- Shaping the metal
- Surface finishes - (brushed, polished, embossed, fine silver, oxidised, textured, domed, burnished)
Sit at a traditional jeweller’s bench and learn to use precision tools. At the end of this fun class, you’ll take home the earrings that you have designed and handmade.
No previous experience necessary. All tools and materials (including sterling silver) are provided. Written instructions, morning and afternoon tea are also included.
To find out more about Bec de Podolinsky and Pod Jewellery, visit podjewellery.com.au
Duration: 6-7 hours
- How to apply textures and different surfaces to the metal.
- How to make different types of earring hooks
- How to make a ring to fit any size finger
- All tools, equipment and materials including sterling silver are provided.
- Hands on tuition in a small group.
- A delicious morning and afternoon tea.
- Unlimited tea/coffee.
- Written instructions, so you can make more pieces of jewellery.
- A list of suppliers including where to buy precious metal and tools.
- A list of jewellers tools used in the workshop. Pod Jewellery students receive a 12.5% discount on tools.
- A 10% discount on selected local accommodation, when completing a workshop.
- Notepad and pen
- Reading glasses if you wear them
- An apron
Clothing made from natural fibres (where possible). Long hair will need to be tied back.
Vendor sincce 2017
Pod Jewellery is designed and handcrafted by Victorian Goldsmith Bec de Podolinsky. The Pod Jewellery Studio is located high on a hill overlooking Mount Macedon and Hanging Rock near Kyneton in central Victoria.
Bec designs and creates unique pieces of contemporary jewellery using platinum, gold, silver, copper and brass. She also teaches jewellery making and make your own wedding ring workshops, along with offering private tutoring.
Workshops are held in the new fully equipped Pod Jewellery studio, which features an ultrasonic cleaner, tumbler, flypress, dapping sets, setting plates, swage blocks, rolling mill, hand drills, disc cutters, Orca and Smith Little torches with soldering and melting attachments, ingot moulds, silversmithing stakes, draw bench with a range of plates, bangle and ring mandrels, a guillotine, shears, and large circle cutter for making bowls and vessels.
All benches are fitted with the GRS system with interchangeable saw plates and wooden bench pegs attachments. Setting and soldering attachments are also available.
Workshops are held all year round.
For more information about Bec de Podolinsky, visit podjewellery.com.au
Places are strictly limited on all workshops and courses. Any cancellation after payment has been made, will incur a $100 cancellation fee. The remainder of your workshop fee will be refunded. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your workshop booking to another person (for the same workshop dates only). If the workshop does not run and is cancelled by us, 100% of your workshop fees are refundable.
There are no refunds for students cancelling within 72 hours of the start of the workshop.