Italian Wine Course
This course provides a detailed introduction to the sometimes confusing, but always-fascinating world of Italian wine! In structuring the course, we have chosen to concentrate on the main areas of production in Italy, with an eye to what you, as consumer, are most likely to find on your local bottle shop shelves. The notes provided are a general reference and it is our hope that they provide the necessary stimulus to make you want to continue to learn about the subject.
Wk1 10/06/2017 - 11:30-1:30 Italian Wine Laws, North Eastern Italy 2:00pm – 4:00pm Tuscany – The renaissance Wk2 17/06/2017 - 11:30-1:30 Piedmont, 2:00pm – 4:00pm The South & Islands & Grappa & Italian digestives Lunch Provided
- A detailed understanding of Italian Wine Laws & the DOC(G) system
- Understanding of the wines from the major regions of Italy
- Detailed guided tastings of the wines of Tuscany, Piedmont, Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli, Sicily and some of the traditional Italian Spirits.
- Provided with guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session) With lunch
- We use premium benchmark wines valued at over $4000 for the course.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of Italy.
- Taste the wines from the regions of Italy: Tuscany, Piedmont, Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli, Sicily and some of the traditional Italian Spirits.
- Notepad & Pens
- Your enthusiasm
- We recommend public transport for responsible driving.
Anyone with an interest in Italian wine or wine in general. (please note this course is only available for those over the ages of 18 and legal photo ID must be provided)
Vendor since 2013
Prince Wine Store was established in 1997 and is Australia’s leading Fine Wine Retailer, specialising in fine wine from Europe, America and Australia. We offer an array of courses to suit those who have just commenced their wine education (our PWS Introductory Wine Course is a perfect starting point) and to professionals seeking industry recognition (via the Wine and Spirits Education Trust qualifications).
Partners at the Prince Wine Store – Michael McNamara and Alex Wilcox – have developed, over the past 15 years, wine courses that are inspired by their travels to significant wine regions around the world.
The Prince Wine Store Courses offered are an Introductory Wine Course, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese Wine Courses and an intensive two-week course: Burgundy and a special Barolo Master Class/Dinner. These courses are taught by the owners and members of staff and offer an informal but informative way to learn about wine. Finally, it's important to stress that one of the key aspects to all the Prince Wine Store courses is that we always use bench-mark wine examples in the curriculum.