This course is a great introduction to the greatest wine country in the world. It looks at the laws and varieties that have made French wine such an integral part of the French culture and leader in the wine world.
Many of France's native grape varieties have become household names in Australia although the complex system of appellation controlee and the use of geographical names makes French wine daunting for many. This course is a great place to start an adventure into French wine or build upon an existing passion.
A 2 course Bellota Supper paired perfectly to the wines tasted.
- French wine laws
- Understanding of wines from major regions of France
- Detailed guided tastings of wines from Champagne, Alsace, Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Burgundy, Rhone Valley, Cognac and Armagnac
- Guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session)
- Bellota specialities paired with the chosen wines. Please communicate any special dietary requirements.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of France
- Tasting of over $4000 of premium wines from France including Grand Cru wines from the greatest vineyards of the world
- Your enthusiasm!
- Notepad and pens
- We recommend public transport for responsible driving.
Anyone with an interest in French wine or wine in general. Only for ages 18 and above (legal photo ID required).
Vendor since 2013
Prince Wine Store was established in 1997 and is Australia’s leading Fine Wine Retailer, specialising in fine wine from Europe, America and Australia. We offer an array of courses to suit those who have just commenced their wine education (our PWS Introductory Wine Course is a perfect starting point) and to professionals seeking industry recognition (via the Wine and Spirits Education Trust qualifications).
Partners at the Prince Wine Store – Michael McNamara and Alex Wilcox – have developed, over the past 15 years, wine courses that are inspired by their travels to significant wine regions around the world.
The Prince Wine Store Courses offered are an Introductory Wine Course, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese Wine Courses and an intensive two-week course: Burgundy and a special Barolo Master Class/Dinner. These courses are taught by the owners and members of staff and offer an informal but informative way to learn about wine. Finally, it's important to stress that one of the key aspects to all the Prince Wine Store courses is that we always use bench-mark wine examples in the curriculum.