French Wine Course (Melbourne)
About This Class
- Week 1: French Wine Laws, Champagne and Alsatian wines
- Week 2: Burgundy
- Week 3: The Rhone Valley North and South, the spirits of Armagnac and Cognac
- Week 4: Bordeaux
What You Will Learn
- French wine laws
- Understanding of wines from major regions of France
- Detailed guided tastings of wines from Champagne, Alsace, Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Burgundy, Rhone Valley, Cognac and Armagnac
What You Get
- Guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session)
- Bellota specialities paired with the chosen wines. Please communicate any special dietary requirements.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of France
- Tasting of over $4000 of premium wines from France including Grand Cru wines from the greatest vineyards of the world
This course is a great introduction to the greatest wine country in the world. It looks at the laws and varieties that have made French wine such an integral part of the French culture and leader in the wine world.
Many of France's native grape varieties have become household names in Australia although the complex system of appellation controlee and the use of geographical names makes French wine daunting for many. This course is a great place to start an adventure into French wine or build upon an existing passion.
A 2 course Bellota Supper paired perfectly to the wines tasted.