Italian Wine Course (Melbourne)
About This Class
- Week One: Introduction and Laws with Wines. The North-East
- Week Two: Tuscany – The Renaissance Mark II
- Week Three: Piedmonte, The South and Islands, plus other Italian
What You Will Learn
- A detailed understanding of Italian Wine Laws & the DOC(G) system
- Understanding of wines from major regions of Italy
- Detailed guided tastings of wines from Tuscany, Piedmont, Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli, Sicily and some of the traditional Italian Spirits
What You Get
- Guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session)
- Bellota specialities paired with the chosen wines. Please communicate any special dietary requirements.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of Italy
- Tasting of over $4000 value of premium benchmark wines from Italy
This course provides a detailed introduction to the sometimes confusing, but always-fascinating world of Italian wine!
In structuring the course, we have chosen to concentrate on the main areas of production in Italy, with an eye to what you, as consumer, are most likely to find on your local bottle shop shelves. The notes provided are a general reference and it is our hope that they provide the necessary stimulus to make you want to continue to learn about the subject.