This course provides a detailed introduction to the sometimes confusing, but always-fascinating world of Italian wine!
In structuring the course, we have chosen to concentrate on the main areas of production in Italy, with an eye to what you, as consumer, are most likely to find on your local bottle shop shelves. The notes provided are a general reference and it is our hope that they provide the necessary stimulus to make you want to continue to learn about the subject.
Week One: Introduction and Laws with Wines. The North-East Week Two: Tuscany – The Renaissance Mark II Week Three: Piedmonte, The South and Islands, plus other Italian beverages
- A detailed understanding of Italian Wine Laws & the DOC(G) system
- Understanding of wines from major regions of Italy
- Detailed guided tastings of wines from Tuscany, Piedmont, Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli, Sicily and some of the traditional Italian Spirits
- Guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session)
- Bellota specialities paired with the chosen wines. Please communicate any special dietary requirements.
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of Italy
- Tasting of over $4000 value of premium benchmark wines from Italy
- Your enthusiasm!
- Notepad and pens
- We recommend public transport for responsible driving.
Anyone with an interest in Italian wine or wine in general. Only for ages 18 and above (legal photo ID required).
Vendor sincce 2013
Prince Wine Store was established in 1997 and is Australia’s leading Fine Wine Retailer, specialising in fine wine from Europe, America and Australia. We offer an array of courses to suit those who have just commenced their wine education (our PWS Introductory Wine Course is a perfect starting point) and to professionals seeking industry recognition (via the Wine and Spirits Education Trust qualifications).
Partners at the Prince Wine Store – Michael McNamara and Alex Wilcox – have developed, over the past 15 years, wine courses that are inspired by their travels to significant wine regions around the world.
The Prince Wine Store Courses offered are an Introductory Wine Course, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese Wine Courses and an intensive two-week course: Burgundy and a special Barolo Master Class/Dinner. These courses are taught by the owners and members of staff and offer an informal but informative way to learn about wine. Finally, it's important to stress that one of the key aspects to all the Prince Wine Store courses is that we always use bench-mark wine examples in the curriculum.