This course is designed for consumers and hospitality professionals, concentrating on the main production areas of Spain and Portugal and in particular what is behind the label of the wines on your local bottleshop shelves and restaurants.
Tapas style food items have been carefully selected to complement the wines chosen at each class.
- Learn about the main production areas of Spain and Portugal.
- Gain insights into the regions' red and white specialities.
- Understand the unique fortified wines of the two wine producers.
- Guided wine tastings facilitated by our industry leading staff (minimum 8 wines per session)
- Bellota food items perfectly matched to the wines tasted
- Detailed notes and maps of the wine regions of Barolo
- Tasting of over $2000 value of premium benchmark wines from Spain and Portugal
- Your enthusiasm!
- Notepad and pens
- We recommend public transport for responsible driving.
Anyone with an interest in learning more about wine. Only for ages 18 and above (legal photo ID required).
Vendor since 2013
Prince Wine Store was established in 1997 and is Australia’s leading Fine Wine Retailer, specialising in fine wine from Europe, America and Australia. We offer an array of courses to suit those who have just commenced their wine education (our PWS Introductory Wine Course is a perfect starting point) and to professionals seeking industry recognition (via the Wine and Spirits Education Trust qualifications).
Partners at the Prince Wine Store – Michael McNamara and Alex Wilcox – have developed, over the past 15 years, wine courses that are inspired by their travels to significant wine regions around the world.
The Prince Wine Store Courses offered are an Introductory Wine Course, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese Wine Courses and an intensive two-week course: Burgundy and a special Barolo Master Class/Dinner. These courses are taught by the owners and members of staff and offer an informal but informative way to learn about wine. Finally, it's important to stress that one of the key aspects to all the Prince Wine Store courses is that we always use bench-mark wine examples in the curriculum.