Learn 3D printing the easy way. Protoworkshops are our flagship education service where we introduce young minds to the technology behind 3D printing and the idea of creating prototypes. The course is designed for beginners and no prior experience in 3D printing is required.
the course will have two parts: theory and hands on learning with design excercise. Ultimaker 2 is the 3D printer that will be used in this class.
Duration: 2 Hours
- Explore and enhance your creativity!
- Understand the workflow of Additive Manufacturing, also known as 3D printing
- The technology behind 3D printing and the applications
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher
- Identify key processes in 3D printing, and what tools are used to execute them
- Understand the basic principles of Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- TinkerCAD 3D modeling basics
- Design challenge - create your own name tag!
- Your interest to learn!
- Laptop with Chrome browser installed
- A 3-button mouse is highly recommanded
Vendor sincce 2015
Turn student ideas into prototypes
Protoworks Education is Australia’s first specialist in 3D printing education and project-based learning – and we bring all the tools to you.
We provide classroom workshops across Australia and introduce hungry minds to the same 3D printing technology used by MIT students. We also introduce students to the creative and teamwork skills they’ll need to bring their ideas to life.
Protoworks Education is led by Hans Chang, a Radio Frequency Engineer with an MBA from UCLA Anderson. Having spent the past four years in Silicon Valley, helping giants like SanDisk bring new products to market, Hans injects his real-world experience into each workshop.