Wall Weaving Workshop
What: Weaving Workshop
When: Wednesday 5th December, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Spend the evening creating your own handwoven masterpiece to hang on a wall or display in your home. Learn different weaving techniques to create pattern and texture as well as different finishing techniques appropriate for the pieces end use. Choose from a large selection of rare, handspun & vintage yarns, paper and natural materials to weave with. All levels of weavers are welcome from absolute beginners to those who are looking to learn more techniques for their practice.
At the end of class you get to take home your woven creation hung on wooden dowel and an information booklet to continue weaving at home.
All materials are provided, feel free to bring along any special yarn or materials you may like to incorporate into your weaving.
Our locally made weaving looms are available to pre-purchase when booking or to purchase on the day in small 25x25cm or large 45x45cm.
Roz Slade is a Melbourne textile designer and maker interested in supporting society’s deep social connection to textiles, and nurturing an interest in the therapeutic act of hand-making. After graduating Textile Design and Development at RMIT, where she majored in weave
and printmaking, she stepped away from the ethical drift of fast fashion and
textile waste, to create a modest range of high-quality products featuring
sustainable methods and ethically sourced materials under the brand Be Kind Textiles.
Spending the following years exploring every craft within her reach in her own personal practice, she is sharing her results and lifelong love of art and textiles with
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Directions: Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at 6:30pm sharp. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you.
- How to prepare your loom and create heddles
- Different weave structures to create pattern and texture
- How to finish your weaving for use as a wall hanging or prepare it for sewing
- Your own handwoven creation
- Instruction booklet for future reference
- Information on where to source materials to continue at home
- Use of rare and vintage yarns in any colour
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- Use of a small or large locally made weaving frame during the class time
- Any yarn or materials you have at home you may wish to incorporate
Anything You Fancy
Vendor since 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne and Country Victoria. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative eventor workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines andcreative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-concious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Located at Big Bang Studios. 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote 3070
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.