Muhubo is a traditional artist from Somalia. She learnt to weave from her mother and her grandmother. She blends colours and textures with amazing weaves in differing sizes. Her work highlights the importance of traditional processes handed down through generations. In this upcoming workshop I will be teaching everyone how to make a beautiful traditional Somali wall hanging, that everyone can take home and hopefully love. It will be made of bamboo sticks and wool, for images just go to my Instagram Page: @Qaymiarts.
- Somali Culture
- Take home what they create
- NO ALL MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED
Age 12 and above
Vendor since 2020
Muhubo Suleiman was born in Somalia, East Africa and is highly skilled in traditional cultural crafts, such as weaving and Henna Art. Muhubo's ultimate dream is to build a hut, showcasing her cultural heritage and reconnecting to her childhood. Muhubo learnt this craft from her mother and from the age of 5 watched on as influential female elders in her community created huts, bags and rugs using a variety of materials. The bags hold a key element in Somali history, being that women wore them as a show of strength and the completion of a weaving taught by elders and passed down by generation. Allowing women to express themselves through their handbag, it also acted as a protector, as many women placed valuable materials in this bag.
Muhubo’s design connects both tradition and newer materials to uphold the culture and create a balance between the two so that generations past present and future are included and celebrated.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Qaymi Arts requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Qaymi Arts has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Qaymi Arts does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Qaymi Arts to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Qaymi Arts, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Qaymi Arts or organised by Qaymi Arts must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Qaymi Arts
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Qaymi Arts unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Qaymi Arts classes and events or on Qaymi Arts premises. (For use of Qaymi Arts marketing materials).
Qaymi Arts requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Qaymi Arts, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.