A mediative approach to drawing that involves small pieces of work which will be completed every session. This workshop will use the basis of Zentangles (first designed and developed in USA by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas) and the latest colouring book trend through adapting and changing the format and end product.
Company Profile: Quadrant Gallery
Located in Hawthorn, is an intimate and inviting gallery space that exhibits fully established Australian artists as well as local up-and-coming artists. We are a privately owned gallery that is now establishing itself within the artist workshop industry. We have an array of talented artists who exhibit with us, many of whom have years of teaching experience, who will now be taking workshops in various mediums.
Friday, 13 Oct 7-9pm, till Friday 03 Nov 7-9pm Duration: 4 x 2 Hours per class in series
- How to create zentangles with patterns
- The merging of zentangle techniques with meditative colouring book approach
- How to adopt geometric zentangles into your drawing
- Their own zentangle creations after each session
- Meditative approach to drawing
- Skills to adapt and change the traditional zentangle format
- The techniques to create their own zentangles
- Small visual diary with smooth cartridge paper
- HB pencils
- 2B pencils
- Black fine liner pens (0.25mm and 0.50 mm)
- Various other fine liner pen colours
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
Suitable for beginners through to intermediate level.
Vendor sincce 2017
Quadrant Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located in Hawthorn. The gallery has a lovely ambience and has very good exposure to Barkers Road, with close proximity to nearby restaurants and cafes. We are located near the corner of Church Street and opposite the Kew Tram Depot.
Our aim is to show an exciting, interesting mix of art in all mediums and to promote and nurture the artists represented by the gallery, we will provide the best atmosphere in which to present the works of a stimulating and innovative range of artists and curators.
The whole gallery provides approx. 42 lm of hanging space including the movable wall. This space can be divided into 3 areas as required for exhibitions. The average ceiling height is 2.8m. We also have excellent systems for hanging, lighting and sound, which enhance each exhibition.