Live Online Gilding Short-Course September
(Private Dates Available)
Learn the 3 main techniques and gain the knowledge and experience to successfully apply precious leaf, such as gold leaf, to objects and picture frames.
This course will be a combination of demonstration, teaching, practice with teacher support and guided work on set projects. As we are picture frame makers by trade, we will be teaching gilding using the tools and materials familiar to us and students will come away with 3 small picture frames that they have gilded themselves.
This doesn't mean that students cannot learn how to gild objects as well as picture frames; there will be plenty of time to talk about other types of gilding applications.
All tools and materials will be supplied and students will be provided with a gilders kit in the mail, along with 3 handmade photo frames ready for gilding.
What you will learn
- Learn oil-gilding, acrylic-gilding and the art of traditional water-gilding
What you will get
- Students will learn using a variety of materials and tools and will come away from the course with 3 gilded picture frames to keep
What to bring
- There will be a list of ingredients that students will need to source themselves
What to wear
no dress code
Beginner and intermediate level of experience is perfect for this course
We are artisan picture and gallery frame makers, carvers and gilders sharing our knowledge to a diverse crowd of talented and inquiring makers and artists. We run gilding courses sporadically throughout the year and teach the traditional art of water-gilding, using precious leaf such as white gold, 22K and 23K gold leaf.
Rich and Davis has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Rich and Davis requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Rich and Davis has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Rich and Davis does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Rich and Davis, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Rich and Davis or organised by Rich and Davis must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Rich and Davis
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Rich and Davis unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Rich and Davis classes and events or on Rich and Davis premises. (For use of Rich and Davis marketing materials).
Rich and Davis requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Rich and Davis, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.