Learn how to make and design patches with merchandise queen Ruby from Playkill.
Throughout the day you will learn to apply four different stitches to your very own hand-embroidered patch - all while learning the manufacturing process for a machine-made embroidered patch.
Combining “stick and poke” styled drawing, pretty typography and your favourite curse words, you’ll finish the day with an amazing patch to stick on your favourite pocket.
To see more of Ruby's work visit: https://www.instagram.com/playkill.sc/
4 hours in duration.
- How to translate a line drawing/typography to embroidery
- Embroidery stitches; blanket running, chain, cross and french knot
- How to get a manufactured patch from conception to final product
- A print showing the various steps needed to create a hand made patch
- An embroidery “pack” including a needle, basic thread and embroidery hoop
- A personalised, handmade sew-on patch to take home
- Any specific embroidery thread colours you wish to use (basic colours will be supplied along with needles, fabric and a hoop)
No dress code, just wear comfy clothes you’re happy to work in for four hours
Adults and teenagers 16+
Vendor sincce 2015
The Rizzeria is a non-profit collective run by people who are designers, artists, zine-makers, print-makers, animators and creative entrepreneurs. We own a two-colour Risograph press which people are welcome to come in and use with the assistance of a volunteer. Over the past eight years we have helped people print their graphic design assignments, posters, comics, invitations, zines, art prints, CD covers and much more.
Our Marrickville space also functions as a retail outlet for Rizzeria members and local artists. We run workshops in risograph printing, bookbinding, screenprinting, watercolour, illustration and much more.
If you are interested in running a workshop or stocking your work with us, please email email@example.com.
Our refund policy for workshops - We do not refund workshop tickets, but are happy to transfer you to another date/workshop. Please provide at least 48 hours notice.