Funtastic Acrylics 11 June with Jenni Kelly-A Pet Portrait
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Discover creative fun acrylics methods.
- Be prepared to scrape, spray, fling, throw, roll and glaze paint.
- Get a greater understanding of Acrylics and a new found confidence.
What You Get
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher
- Mastery over basic creative techniques
- A pet portrait which you work on in class
Pet Portrait-Course outline
To introduce fellow artists to creative fun acrylics methods. Be prepared to scrape, spray, fling, throw, roll and glaze PAINT. In other words - "PLAY WITH ACRYLICS"! You will leave the workshop with a greater understanding of acrylics and a new found confidence.
List of materials needed for the workshop
ACRYLIC PAINTS (any good brand) Atelier, Matisse.
Most of the following colours are Atelier:
- White, (Matisse Structure) Antique White, Naples Yellow, Jaune Brilliance
- (warm) Cadmium Red, (cool) Naphthol Red
- (warm) Cadmium Yellow, (cool) Lemon Light Hansa
- (warm) Ultramarine Blue, (cool) Pthalo Blue
Some transparent colours
- Red Gold, Paynes Grey, Dioxazine Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Blue , Olive Green
- Other favourites Brilliant Magenta, Brilliant Orange, Pacific Blue, Cobalt Turquoise light hue
- (Matisse Structure) Australian Yellow Green, Aqua Green Light and Permanent Light Violet
- Copper and Pale Gold - these are metallic paints available in both Matisse Structure and Atelier
Acrylic Satin Medium Varnish (optional) - I recommend Matisse
Other items to bring
- Credit Cards, and tile scrapers
- A few hard pastels
- One large palette knife (approximately 4cm by 10cm)
- A variety of bristle brushes
- One set of Gesso brushes (three in a pack)
- Spray bottle, Chux rags, and a good size water container
- Plastic table covers.
All canvases or Watercolour papers are to be primed with one coat of Gesso before we start. You are welcome to bring your own reference relating to the workshop. The Tutor will also bring references.