- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Duration: 7 Hours
What You Will Learn
- How to work safely with dogs
- Common health issues, basic nutrition and breed identification
- Introduction to behaviour and equipment used when working with dogs
What You Get
- A hands-on, practical class – meet and work with our Education dogs as well as industry experts and qualified trainers
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Detailed course manual to take home
- RSPCA take home bag
- Certificate of Attendance
- Complimentary morning and afternoon tea
- Auslan Interpreters will be attending class on the 8th December, 2016 to support learners with a hearing disability
This course is a great introduction to working with or owning dogs, as well as providing more in-depth understanding and hands-on skills to work with a variety of breeds. Learn to identify different dog breeds, understand common health issues and basic nutrition and how to work with dogs safely.
Our programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or already working within this field, as well as helping people to increase skills with their own pets.
This course is a great introduction to dogs, and can be followed up with our Understanding Dog Behaviour short course. Book both courses at the same time to receive a discount.
- Please arrive at the Burwood East Education Centre 10 minutes before your class to register and so that we can start on time. Parking is available on site.
- Meet and work with our experienced Education staff and their animals, along with industry experts, throughout the session for practical, hands-on skill development.
- Work through a detailed course book (yours to keep) with theoretical, scientific and clinical information based on our years of experience in animal welfare and caring for dogs.
- BYO lunch or take advantage of our fantastic on-site café and $10 student lunch special.
- We may be spending some time outside and touring around, so please bring weather appropriate clothing.