- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Duration: 7 Hours
What You Will Learn
- How to work safely with cats
- Common health issues, basic nutrition and breed identification
- Introduction to behaviour and equipment used when working with cats
What You Get
- An engaging and informative session to increase your knowledge and skills
- RSPCA take home bag
- Certificate of Attendance
- A hands-on, practical class – meet and work with our Education cats as well as industry experts and qualified trainers
- Detailed course manual to take home
- Complimentary morning and afternoon tea
Why do cats needs to scratch? Should kittens and older cats have the same diet? What causes some of the common health issues – and what should I do?
This course is the purrfect introduction to cat ownership and care, and provides basic understanding and hands-on skills to work with a variety of breeds and behaviours. Learn to identify different cat breeds, understand common health issues and basic nutrition as well as how to work with cats safely.
Our programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or already working within this field, as well as helping people to increase skills with their own pets.
- Please arrive at the Burwood East Education Centre 10 minutes before your class to register and so that we can start on time. Parking is available on site.
- Meet and work with our experienced Education staff and their animals, along with industry experts, throughout the session for practical, hands-on skill development.
- Work through a detailed course book (yours to keep) with theoretical, scientific and clinical information based on our years of experience in animal welfare and caring for cats.
- BYO lunch or take advantage of our fantastic on-site café and $10 student lunch special
- We may be spending some time outside and touring around, so please bring weather appropriate clothing.