RSPCA Victoria’s online School Holiday Program is back and offering face-to-face delivery at our Education Centre!
Book in to enjoy these offerings of LIVE animal fun that will keep your child entertained during the school holiday break.
All sessions start at 9.30am and finish at 3.00pm unless stated otherwise.
Program requirements: All children 12 years and older must be double vaccinated to attend programs at Burwood East Education Centre. You will be required to provide vaccination certificate on booking.
Tuesday 11th January: Junior Barn Crew (fully booked)
Meet the education animals of RSPCA Victoria’s Barn. Meet a cow, a pony, among other guests and hear their stories. (strictly 7 - 11 year olds)
Wednesday 12th January: Canine Companions (fully booked)
Explore the many ways RSPCA Victoria helps dogs in the community and meet some of our happy hounds. You’ll discover lots of tips for keeping dogs healthy and entertained. (strictly 7 - 11 year olds).
Friday 14th January: Apprentice Barn Crew
What’s it like working at RSPCA’s barn and paddocks? Learn the ropes alongside our experienced animal attendants. (strictly 12 - 16 year olds)
Tuesday 18th January: Animal Time! (9.30am - 12pm)
RSPCA Burwood East is home to cows, sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs. Spend the morning with some animal friends. (strictly 5 - 7 year olds)
Wednesday 19th January: Cat Chats and Pocket Pets (fully booked)
Are you a feline fanatic, a bunny bestie or guinea pig guru? We are all wild about whiskers! You’ll discover what these animals need to be happy and healthy while meeting our furry friends. (strictly 7 - 11 year olds)
Thursday 20th January: All Creatures Arts and Crafts
Join us at RSPCA Burwood East for animal experiences and art inspiration. Meeting our animals will provide plenty of creative opportunities for budding artists and photographers. (strictly 7 - 11 year olds)
What you will learn
- Find out about the rescue stories of RSPCA education animals
- Go behind the scenes into a typical day at our working Barn
- Discover how the RSPCA helps animals and people in our community
What you will get
- A full day of an RSPCA Education immersive experience
- Certificate of attendance
What to bring
- Morning snack, lunch and a water bottle
What to wear
Must wear closed in shoes, such as sneakers (no thongs, sandels etc.)
Children aged 5 - 15yrs
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.