Join us for a fun and practical webinar with RSPCA Victoria’s Behaviour and Training Consultant, Jade Currie.
Discover useful training tips which will benefit your dog and your family.
We’ll cover the basics of clicker training and positive reinforcement training for dogs of all ages. Jade will teach you some easy to follow training skills to practise with your pup!
- Getting your dog’s attention
- and loose lead walking
Get your treat pouch ready for some holiday fun!
What you will learn
- Discover useful training tips which will benefit your dog and your family
What you will get
- Basic training skills and techniques to keep family and furry friends happy and healthy!
What to bring
What to wear
N/a. This is a webinar.
Pet owners aged 12 years and over
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
RSPCA Victoria has an average rating of 4.8 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
RSPCA Victoria's refund policy is moderate.
- Refund: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- Transfer: If you cancel up to 7 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Note: You may cancel up to 7 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
After these times, no changes will be allowed.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout incase you need to cancel. Learn more about Refund Upgrade option
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.