The Stylist 2 Day Short Course (Brisbane)
The Stylist Short Course is a 2-day intensive for aspiring stylists to give you all the tips and insight you need to make styling your career.
The Product Styling Short Course is a 2-day intensive for aspiring stylists to give you all the tips and insight you need to create beautiful product shots for your social media platforms, website and advertising and your business.
The Stylist Short Course takes you behind the scenes with veteran stylist Bianca Christoff in an intimate wtwo day workshop where you’ll get practical advice and hands-on experience to take your photographic styling imagery to the next level.
About this Short Course
The Stylist Short Course is designed to introduce you to the skills, knowledge and insight you’ll need to work as a photographic stylist. This workshop is essential if you want to create photographic imagery that is worthy of your business. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at just what’s involved in preparing a product for the perfect shot.
Get an insight into the main industry areas, discover the important roles that you’ll encounter as a stylist, consider what pathway is right for you and, of course, find out those tips and learnings that most stylists only learn on the job.
You’ll also get to experience exactly what it’s like to work on a product shoot – from deciphering the brief, to sourcing props, right through to getting the styled look just right. You’ll leave the two-day workshop with a deeper insight into how to style products for photography, and a photograph of your styled look that you can use for your business or to start your portfolio.
Over Two Days You’ll Learn
An Introduction to Styling as a Career
- Learn the essentials of styling products for websites and sales and social media. from putting together a mood board to sourcing items and putting it all together
- You will create styled looks for your own specific products for your business or social media
How a Stylist Works
- What's in a styling kit
- Working to a brief, how to break it down and figuring out your target audience
- Design elements and principles and how they work to create that great shot.
- Research and styling to trends
- Learn the step-by-step of styling a shoot (it doesn’t all happen on the day)
- Get the low-down on sourcing props for your shoot and how to get designers to lend you items
- Client budget is tiny? No problem. You’ll find out how and where to source props and items on any budget (and the tricks to make cheap items look super-expensive)
- Learn what’s involved in styling food and the tricks the pros use to make those inviting, eye-catching images out of ordinary ingredients
- Learn the essentials of styling a room for editorial and advertising, from putting together a mood board to sourcing items and putting it all together
Stylist Tweaks & Touches
- Find out the essentials you’ll need to have in your stylist kit (never go to a shoot without these!)
- Learn exactly what goes into making a product look just so good – it’s more than safety pins and gaffa tape
Create Your Own Styled Look
- Put everything you’ve learned so far into action. You’ll create your own styled look from start to finish. Decipher the brief, figure out what props you’ll need and put together the finish look for photographing.
- You’ll leave with an image that you can use to for your social platforms, website or start your stylist portfolio
What you will learn
- Get practical advice and hands-on experience to make styling your career.
- Learn how a stylist works, whether you are into styling for fashion, food or interior design.
- Styling 101 - styling a shoot, sourcing props, working on any budget. And more!
What you will get
- Learn options for training and other pathways you could take after completing this course.
- A certificate of Participation
What to bring
- Bring yourself and a passion for styling!
- Once you are booked we will guide you through what you will need for later on in the workshop .
- You’ll create your own styled look from start to finish. Decipher the brief, figure out what props you’ll need and put together the finished look for photographing.
What to wear
Aspiring styling professionals
Bianca Christoff has over fifteen years experience in the styling industry, working as a stylist on projects ranging from fashion editorial, advertising and television through to look books.
With qualifications as a visual merchandiser and involvement in interior design, Bianca has a complete understanding of the styling industry.
Bianca has worked with clients including Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, Project Runway Australia, Australian Fashion Guide, Myer, Roger David, De Bortoli wine, Network Ten’s Masterchef, Interflora, Arcadia Tea, The Arts Centre, Fremantle Media and ANZ Bank. And her work has been featured in numerous publications both nationally and internationally.
Bianca has both designed and taught course content on styling to students at RMIT, the Holmes Institute and Melbourne Polytechnic.
Cancellations & Refunds
School of Styling's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- Transfers: If you cancel anytime before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel anytime before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you need to cancel. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
If classes are cancelled by the organiser you are entitled to a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. We accept on line bookings through the website
2. We cant reserve your space until full payment is received
3. If you can’t attend a class for any reason, refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes - so please assign a friend to take your place
4. We have class minimums and in the case we don’t make them you will be offered a refund or class transfer
5. If we need to cancel a class for any reason, we may do so at any time before the class is scheduled to begin. You will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another class of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee) within a 12 month period.
6. By accepting a place at The Melbourne School Of Styling you agree that you will not replicate, reproduce or distribute any element of a class in part or in full. (however if you wish to post work shots of your work from the class on social media, you are more than welcome to do so.
7. By accepting a place at The Melbourne School Of Styling School, you understand that you will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement stating that you will not replicate, reproduce or distribute any element of a class in part or in full.