In this workshop you will learn the basics of setting up a sewing machine. You will learn about the different stitches and when best to use them. Once you've had a practice run on some scrap material, we'll put your new skills to practice by creating a simple square cushion. You will be working on a beginners sewing machine that is extremely easy and functional to use.
- How to set up a sewing machine
- Measure and cut material
- Sew a simple cushion
- A complete beginners sewing session, taught by a qualified Textile Designer
- Fabric to make their cushion cover & option to purchase an insert
- Access to the members-only section on our website with a PDF handout of the class
- Just your enthusiasm!
Open to everyone interested!
Vendor since 2018
Scribble & Sew was launched in 2017 by Welsh designer Sophie Parry. The Sydney-based brand sells beautiful handmade textiles for children, with a strong focus on sensory development.
In addition to selling textiles, Scribble & Sew also offer sewing workshops from their studio in Redfern.
We understand that sometimes things happen and you wont be able to make it on the day. Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it.
We do not offer refunds, however you may transfer the date of your workshop to another day.
If you cancel with less than 24 hour notice, there will be a $10 transfer fee added to your booking, this is to cover admin costs and time spent setting up for your class.
- To secure a place in one of our workshops, you must book and pay through the weteachme platform. A confirmation email will be sent to you and someone from the Scribble & Sew team will be in touch.
- In order to fully benefit from our workshops, please arrive on time. Some workshops may take longer to finish, depending on the group's previous knowledge and experience.
- If for any reason we need to postpone or cancel your booking, we will notify you asap via text or email. In this case, we will offer you a full refund or you may choose to reschedule.
Cancel or Reschedule
- We understand that sometimes things happen and you wont be able to make it on the day. Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot make it. We do not offer refunds, however you may transfer the date of your workshop to another day. If you cancel on the day of your workshop, there will be a $10 transfer fee added to your booking, this is to cover the time we will have spent setting up for your class.
- We do not offer refunds or rescheduling for students who don't arrive to their booked session.
- You acknowledge that in this workshop you will be using various tools, scissors, rotary cutters, sewing machines and other materials, all of which are used at your own risk.