These workshops are a Spanish immersion and enrichment program. Students will learn and practice their Spanish speaking skills through guided recreational play, speaking and listening activities, arts and crafts, and storytelling.
Activities will be conducted in Spanish and will be planned to correspond with school themes and holidays. The objective is to give your child the opportunity to learn and improve his/her proficiency in the language, while exposing him/her to Spanish and Latin art, culture and geography.
- Mafalda & Music: The internationally acclaimed Mafalda character introduces Spanish songs & vocabulary to children.
- Yo Hablo Español: What do you know about Spain and Latin America?
- Flamenco for Kids: Flamenco for all ages. Come and dance!
- Pinhole Camera: Make a camera hands on workshop. Learn simple technical vocabulary. “The rays of light from an object pass through a small hole to form an inverted image.”
- Food & Cooking - It's Yummy!: Yummy, speak and cook in Spanish!
- Yoga for Kids: Harmonize in Spanish with yoga
- Chair and Mime Game: Laugh and learn playing games
- Spanish Day: Learn amazing facts about Spain and Latin American countries.
- I'm Pepe: Puppets (3 to 6 years old)
- Colours and numbers: Play and learn colours and numbers
- The body: Can you describe your body in Spanish?
- Introduction to Spanish through activities, games, multimedia and audiovisual activities
- Spanish taught through guided recreational play, speaking and listening activities, arts and crafts, and storytelling
- Exposure to Spanish and Latin art, culture and geography
- Small group size to ensure personal attention
- Expert tuition from native Spanish speakers
- Only your child's enthusiasm and willingness to learn!
Vendor since 2015
The Instituto Cervantes is the institution created by Spain in 1991. Since then, it has worked to spread Spanish –it is the largest institution in the world dedicated to teaching Spanish- and to foster the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries. The headquarters of the institution are in Madrid.
The Instituto Cervantes operates in 90 cities from 43 countries in the 5 Continents. The Instituto Cervantes Sydney was inaugurated by Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain, together with the Australian Authorities on June 25th, 2009.
Our institution is in charge of:
- Organizing the exams for the Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE), as well as to issue official certificates and diplomas for those who attend our courses.
- Organizing Spanish courses.
- Organizing training courses for teachers of Spanish.
- Supporting Hispanists in their activities.Promoting cultural activities in collaboration with other organizations .
The work of the Instituto Cervantes is directed by representatives from the worlds of academia, culture and literature from Spain and Latin America. In Australia we work closely with local museums, galleries, theatres, publishers and universities as well as with Spanish and Latin American organizations.