This 7 week course is divided into two sections. In the first 2 weeks, participants will be immersed in a variety of exercises designed to access & open the imagination.This will involve painting, drawing, design elements, the emotion of colour and the power of words... all rolled into an explosive art process.
These first 2 weeks will prepare you for the remaining 5 weeks which you will be exploring your visual language and creating works, or one work (the intention will be set on an individual basis as to what you wish to achieve).
This 7 week course is aligned with Michael Gelb's book 'How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci', which introduces 7 principles inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's essential elements to 'creative genius'. Each week, we will be covering one of the principles and learning how to integrate it into your creative art process.
This course is suitable for students whom have had previous experience working with paints. You can still be a beginner, but not a strictly beginner. It is a mixed media painting course designed for those creative souls who wish to take their art up a notch (or hopefully more), and wish to explore using more than one medium in a single artwork. This might be writing and photography, painting and collage, cold wax and oil sticks.
This workshop is also suitable for those who are currently feeling stuck, are seeking inspiration or whose inner critic is just too damn loud! Either way, this course will get all your creative juices going.
New date coming soon
- Mindfulness techniques that will help you discover your creative potential and how to express yourself through art making.
- How to incorporate mixed media mediums and techniques (drawing, painting, design, use of colour, text) in a single artwork
- A step by step process to help you discover your creative process, by merging your art practice with mindfulness techniques, working hand in hand with the 'da Vincian' principles from the book 'How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci'.
- You will create a portfolio of artworks exploring a variety of mixed media art making techniques and mediums.
- You will document your creative journey by creating an art journal to document your creative processes.
- You will come away with a variety of resources (books, videos, articles) that will guide and inspire your art making journey.
- You will have access to purchase additional art materials from our studio storeroom.
- Discount Offer for students - as a student of The Studio of Spontaneous Creativity, if you purchase your art materials from Tilly’s Art & Supplies in Rozelle, you will receive a 10% student discount – just make sure to mention the studio when you go!
- 2-3 old preloved books (e.g. purchased from the flea market)
- Different sized bristle brushes
- Acrylic paints
- Variety of water soluble pencils
- Variety of water soluble crayons
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Intermediate-advanced mixed media art course for beginners.
Vendor since 2015
Art making is a transformative process
The journey to make art begins with you, the inner part of you. For that which is expressed externally is first conceived from within – from the inner space of you where imagination breathes, waiting to be allowed space to connect externally and make art. To make this kind of art therefore requires transformative methods to awaken your creativity and enable your creative process.
The art we create from our inner landscape becomes a blueprint for our being. This blueprint of art is sung with your voice, discerned with your inner intelligence and made with your creative hands. And this birthing of art becomes part of the evolution of our consciousness. For art has this power.
This is what the Studio of Spontaneous Creativity is all about.
Noula Diamantopoulos (http://nouladiamantopoulos.com) is also the Director of the Mosaic Art School of Sydney (http://mosaicartschoolofsydney.com) and The Corporate Buddha (http://thecorporatebuddha.com.au). She is an exhibiting artist and is represented by Artereal Gallery. She is also on the board of the Metavision Institute, where she received her qualifications in psychotherapy.
To be informed of studio workshops and event updates, please subscribe to our free online newsletter at: http://spontaneouscreativity.com.au/newsletter/
Workshop Cancellation Policy
All workshops run by SpC rely on an accurate attendance count so that we may prepare for you - our attendees, and welcome you to the studio.
We understand that things happen in life and perhaps you can no longer attend a workshop that you have enrolled in and paid for.
We wish to be fair to you and to our teachers and staff who spend time making these workshops run smoothly, so you can have the maximum enjoyment with us.
IN HOUSE WORKSHOPS
If you cannot attend a non-visiting artist/teacher run course (i.e. someone not coming from interstate or overseas) then the school will allow you to transfer to another class.
If you are cancelling prior to 14 days of the course starting, and do not wish to transfer to another class, then a non-refundable administration fee of $35 will apply to one day workshops and $55 for a two day or longer events (e.g. our 5 week courses).
Cancellations made 7 - 14 days before the commencement of the workshop will be charged 50% of the original workshop fee.
No refunds will be available made within 7 days of the workshop.
SPECIAL VISITING ARTIST WORKSHOPS
If you cannot attend a workshop that is being run by a visiting artist/teacher (i.e. someone who is coming from interstate or overseas) then irregardless of the cancellation period we cannot provide a refund.
We will however allow you to transfer your registration to another individual - just notify us. If there are extenuating circumstances and you wish to discuss this with us, then please call us.
Phone: (+61) 02 9818-7471