During our Intermediate 1 Jewellery Making Course, students begin to expand upon their foundation jewellery making skills learned in their studies thus far. Practical exercises will be presented at the start of term with a focus on improving student's soldering skills, introducing 3-dimensionality to designs as well as a focus on resolved surface finishes - the fast track to creating professional-looking jewellery pieces.
As the term goes on students in Intermediate 1 will create a more complex jewellery design in consultation with their tutor to further practice and finesse hand skills learned.
Our class sizes are capped at 10 enrollments to ensure the best learning experience for our students.
Many of our students produce outstanding work and go on to our Intermediate 2 course or continue to our specialised design workshops such as Gem-setting 101 Bezel Setting Workshop or Carve Your own Silver Ring – Wax Workshop.
- Accurate marking, measuring and fitting
- Introduction to the flexi sha
- Polishing processes, tips and tricks
- Base metal sheet and wire
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Consultation on the purchase of materials for your project. Some materials are also available for purchase at our studio.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- Covered shoes
- Your ideas and creativity
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes, long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back. Our warehouse has a concrete floor and can be cold in winter (we have some heating!) and hot in summer so please dress appropriately
This is suitable for students who have completed the Beginners Jewellery Making Course at SquarePeg or equivalent.
Vendor since 2016
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our refund policy. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course fees must be paid in full or as a pay in instalments plan on enrolment and are non-refundable.
- In the event that a course is cancelled or oversubscribed, the course fees less the 4.5% non-refundable booking fee may be refunded, alternatively SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the full fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- Our courses are open to students 16 years and older, Jewellery Studio Bench access is open to students 18 years and older.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits are issued for non attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Some of our courses require prior learning, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as at 1 May, 2020.
Subject to change as per Government directives.
- In the event a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next date on which the course or workshop is scheduled, and notify the student of the change in a timely manner.
- In the case that the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue. No refunds will be permitted.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to latest Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors with regard to physical distancing, wearing of masks and appropriate hygiene measures whilst attending SquarePeg Studios.
- Students must not attend SquarePeg studios if they are unwell, have been in contact with a person that has tested positive to Covid-19 or returned from overseas within the past two weeks.