Easter 4 Day Jewellery Making Intensive
4 sessions of 6 hours
The Easter Four Day Jewellery Making Intensive is perfect for students who want to take their making to the next level. This course is designed to allow students to progress through the out-set stages of jewellery making. The tutor assists with design development, technical issues and problem-solving. There is no pre-requisite for this course.
During the course, students will learn foundation jewellery making skills alongside working on individual projects developed after consultation with the tutor.
The aim of this course is to provide students with the confidence and skills to work on individual projects while gaining a greater depth of understanding of jewellery techniques and design - starting from the ground up.
Our Easter Four Day Jewellery Making Intensive is a perfect introduction to jewellery making and jewellery design. All tools and base metals are provided, as well as sterling silver for your first project, and no previous experience in design or jewellery making is required.
Over the 4 days of the Easter long weekend course, students make a textured silver ring band, followed by a ring, pin or pendant of their own design exploring the 3d form. Processes focusing on forming and texturing such as doming and stamping will be learned to aid you in your inspiration. Dissect a dome, add a pearl, the world is your oyster!
Many of our students produce outstanding work and continue to specialised workshops such as Stone Setting or Wax Carving and Casting.
- Learn all the fundamentals of jewellery making in this fun intensive jewellery course.
- How to make a silver ring band
- How to make a ring, pin or pendant of student's own design exploring the 3d form.
- Base metal sheet and wire
- Sterling silver for your first ring
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- An apron
- Covered shoes
- Your ideas and creativity
- A notebook and pen/pencil
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes, long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back. Our warehouse has a concrete floor and can be cold in winter (we have some heating!) and hot in summer so please dress appropriately
For those starting out on their jewellery making journey!
Vendor since 2016
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our refund policy. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course fees must be paid in full or as a pay in instalments plan on enrolment and are non-refundable.
- In the event that a course is cancelled or oversubscribed, the course fees less the 4.5% non-refundable booking fee may be refunded, alternatively SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the full fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- Our courses are open to students 16 years and older, Jewellery Studio Bench access is open to students 18 years and older.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits are issued for non attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Some of our courses require prior learning, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as at 1 May, 2020.
Subject to change as per Government directives.
- In the event a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next date on which the course or workshop is scheduled, and notify the student of the change in a timely manner.
- In the case that the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue. No refunds will be permitted.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to latest Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors with regard to physical distancing, wearing of masks and appropriate hygiene measures whilst attending SquarePeg Studios.
- Students must not attend SquarePeg studios if they are unwell, have been in contact with a person that has tested positive to Covid-19 or returned from overseas within the past two weeks.