3D Modelling for Jewellery and Objects - an introduction to the world of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) with Fusion 360
This beginners 3D Modelling course is an introduction to designing jewellery and objects in a digital environment using Autodesk’s Fusion 360 software.
Learn how to 3D model your designs from scratch and export them for 3D printing and casting. Over this seven-week course, you will learn the principles and workflow of 3D modelling using Fusion 360 and have the opportunity to work on your own 3D modelling project with guidance and support.
This course will be taught online so you can learn from the comfort of your own home.
Your Zoom invite and class instructions will be sent ahead of class.
- D Modelling Principles - Demystifying CAD. How to draw and create forms on a screen
- 3D Modelling Tools and Workflow - Sketching, extruding, solid modelling and sculpting in Fusion 360 software
- Using 3D modelling for an independent project
- A classic ring as your first 3D modelled design
- An additional 3d Modelled design in consultation with your tutor
- Two of your designs 3D printed in ABS plastic
- A FREE 1 year subscription to Fusion 360 when you sign up to Autodesk’s Fusion 360 for personal use
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- A reliable internet connection as classes are online
- A computer capable of running Autodesk Fusion 360 software. System requirements can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html
- Download Fusion 360 from the Autodesk website prior to the first class. You can register for a personal account which will give you 1 year FREE subscription. You will need to create an Autodesk account to download the software which you can do here: https://www.autodesk.com.au/products/fusion-360/personal
As this class is taught online from the comfort of your own home - dress code is entirely up to you!
No previous experience in design or jewellery making is required.
Vendor since 2016
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our refund policy. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The course fees must be paid in full or as a pay in instalments plan on enrolment and are non-refundable.
- In the event that a course is cancelled or oversubscribed, the course fees less the 4.5% non-refundable booking fee may be refunded, alternatively SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the full fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- Our courses are open to students 16 years and older, Jewellery Studio Bench access is open to students 18 years and older.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits are issued for non attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Some of our courses require prior learning, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as at 1 May, 2020.
Subject to change as per Government directives.
- In the event a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next date on which the course or workshop is scheduled, and notify the student of the change in a timely manner.
- In the case that the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue. No refunds will be permitted.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to latest Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors with regard to physical distancing, wearing of masks and appropriate hygiene measures whilst attending SquarePeg Studios.
- Students must not attend SquarePeg studios if they are unwell, have been in contact with a person that has tested positive to Covid-19 or returned from overseas within the past two weeks.