Robotics (Grades 1 to 12)
Our Robotics program will explore how robots can be designed and built to solve everyday problems. For grades 1 to 6 we continue the journey from our coding programs adding hardware to program and control. For the more advanced programs for grades 7 to 12 we look at complex sensor integration and autonomous systems.
Areas of learning:
- Introduction to Robotics and the components of digital systems, hardware and software.
- The use of a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve problems.
- Implement programs with algorithms involving decisions and user input to control robots.
- Analyse how motion, force, and energy are used to manipulate and control electromechanical systems when designing simple engineered solutions.
- Plan, create, and communicate ideas and information independently and with others.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Introduction to Robotics and the components of digital systems, hardware and software
- The use of a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve problems
- Implement programs with algorithms involving decisions and user input to control robots
- All equipment is supplied by STEMPunks
- Your endless imagination and favourite "Thinking Cap"
Grades 1 to 12
Vendor since 2017
Our programs are designed to enable children to learn the fundamental building blocks of STEM Science-Tecnology-Engineering-Maths.
The STEM programs are developed to inspire our students to become creative and innovative thinkers. The class size is deliberately small to make sure we spend enough time with each student to maximise their learning experience.
The coding programs are based on a curriculum from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and software by the MIT Media Lab.