Electronics & Advanced Coding (Grades 8 to 12)
Our advanced coding programs focus on the Internet of Things (IOT) and how embedded electronics, coding, and Cloud solutions can be used to create connected devices. The program will take our learners through the basics of embedded computers with an introduction to hardware platforms like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. During the program we will build an App controlled weather system with remote monitoring capability through the Cloud.
Areas of learning:
- Introduction to App Design, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things (IOT).
- How Cloud-based solutions can be used for data storage and remote monitoring.
- The use of a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve problems.
- Design the user experience of a digital system, generating, evaluating, and communicating alternative designs.
- Coding on Arduino and Raspberry Pi plaforms including sensor integration and operation.
- Plan, create, and communicate ideas and information independently and with others.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Introduction to App Design, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things (IOT)
- How Cloud-based solutions can be used for data storage and remote monitoring
- The use of a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve problems
- All equipment is supplied by STEMPunks
- Your endless imagination and favourite "Thinking Cap"
Advanced (Grades 8 to 12)
Vendor sincce 2017
Our programs are designed to enable children to learn the fundamental building blocks of STEM Science-Tecnology-Engineering-Maths.
The STEM programs are developed to inspire our students to become creative and innovative thinkers. The class size is deliberately small to make sure we spend enough time with each student to maximise their learning experience.
The coding programs are based on a curriculum from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and software by the MIT Media Lab.