Drones (Grades 4 to 12)
The Drones program takes the combined learning from Robotics and Coding and explores how Drones can be programmed to solve problems. The beginner classes for grades 4 to 7 introduce our learners to the physics of rotary flight and how Drones operate. The more advanced programs for grades 8 to 12 adds another level of programming for our learners. We design an app to control and program a drone for a search and rescue mission.
Areas of learning:
- Introduction to Drones and the physics of rotary flight.
- Use GPS for autonomous flight programming.
- Implement programs with algorithms involving decisions and user input to control drones.
- Analyse how motion, force, and energy are used to manipulate and control electromechanical systems when designing engineered solutions.
- Design the user experience of a digital system; generating, evaluating, and communicating alternative designs.
- Plan, create, and communicate ideas and information independently and with others.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Introduction to Drones and the physics of rotary flight
- Use GPS for autonomous flight programming
- Implement programs with algorithms involving decisions and user input to control drones
- All equipment is supplied by STEMPunks
- Your endless imagination and favourite "Thinking Cap"
Intermediate (Grades 4 to 12)
Vendor since 2017
Our programs are designed to enable children to learn the fundamental building blocks of STEM Science-Tecnology-Engineering-Maths.
The STEM programs are developed to inspire our students to become creative and innovative thinkers. The class size is deliberately small to make sure we spend enough time with each student to maximise their learning experience.
The coding programs are based on a curriculum from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and software by the MIT Media Lab.