Game Design (Grades 4 to 12)
The game design program takes the coding skills of our learners to the next level. Through the design process and collaboration we explore game-theory. We investigate how algorithms can be used for game decision making and control of the game storyline. Our learners will go through a rich experience of advanced coding techniques mixed with play.
Areas of learning:
- Generate, develop, and communicate design ideas and decisions using appropriate technical terms and graphical representation techniques.
- Introduction to game theory.
- Use code to create a platform game.
- The use of a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve problems.
- Implement visual programs with algorithms involving decisions and user input.
- Plan, create, and communicate ideas and information independently and with others.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Generate, develop, and communicate design ideas and decisions using appropriate technical terms and graphical representation techniques
- Introduction to game theory
- Use code to create a platform game
- All equipment is supplied by STEMPunks
- Your endless imagination and favourite "Thinking Cap"
Intermediate (Grades 4 to 12)
Vendor since 2017
Our programs are designed to enable children to learn the fundamental building blocks of STEM Science-Tecnology-Engineering-Maths.
The STEM programs are developed to inspire our students to become creative and innovative thinkers. The class size is deliberately small to make sure we spend enough time with each student to maximise their learning experience.
The coding programs are based on a curriculum from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and software by the MIT Media Lab.