Our materialistic world with its 24-hour new cycle and social media obsession is seeing a big push back to the simple things in life. Gifts that are handmade, vegetables grown at home, crocheting, knitting as cool ways to make clothes. Art and craft too that is not mass produced but individual and unique.
Our String Art Revival workshops provide a stylish new take on an art form that peaked in the 1970's but is suddenly retro and cool again. New patterns and new designs that will appeal to your inner artist, whether you're a first timer or an aficionado from years gone by. Create beautiful gifts that come from the heart or something to add a dash or homemade flair to your home. A great way to meet people in a relaxed and friendly environment or grab some friends and make an evening of it. Proving that craft is definitely not just for kids, turn your "strung out" into string art and feel the calm that comes from creating.
7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Make your own masterpiece using a striking old-fashioned art form. Choose from various String Art designs.
- Create beautiful gifts that come from the heart or something to add a dash or homemade flair to your home.
- This workshop is a great way to meet people in a relaxed and friendly environment or grab some friends and make an evening of it.
- All materials
- Choose from a range of designs and colours
- Framing is an additional option on the day.
- Small class size: Limited to 10 students per workshop.
- Just your creative self!
Beginners are welcome.
Vendor sincce 2015
Welcome to The String Art Co.
WE OFFER a fun new take on a striking old-fashioned art form.
WE SPECIALISE in unique and engaging string art workshops, school incursions and mini-workshops for community events and corporate groups in Perth, Western Australia.
WE FOCUS on helping kids & adults get truly creative, developing skills and best of all, have fun!
What is String Art?
String art - The hip and groovy artform so fashionable in the 1970‘s is making a comeback. During a time when everything old is new again and we are finding a renewed appreciation for handmade treasures, the technique of using nails or pins and coloured string, wool and thread to create wonderful wallpieces is finding a growing and appreciative audience. For children, it’s a magical way to create an art piece they will treasure for years to come
Interestingly, string art has its origins in maths! It was a very forward thinking and inventive female pioneer, Mary Everest Boole, who first used the ‘stringing’ technique at the end of the 19th century to explain mathematical problems to kids.String art went through a few transformations from there until it exploded in popularity in the 1960’s and 70’s. Who doesn’t remember a beautiful string art sunset on the walls of the family home!
Refunds will apply only when you give us 48 hours notice. Otherwise a credit will be provided to re-enrol at a later date.
- Your child must be at least 7 years old to attend.
- Children may get messy with some glue so please wear appropriate clothing. Closed-in shoes (no sandals or thongs) are required as the children are using nails and hammers.
- Classes begin promptly at the stated time. We request that parents drop off their children; we don’t allow parents to stay for the duration of the class as we find this distracting for the kids (it also gives you a great break!)
- Allergies: We provide morning/afternoon tea. Please be aware that although we take every care to ensure that the food is peanut free, we can’t guarantee this. If your child has a severe allergy please make sure they attend with any medication required.