What You Will Learn
- To transfer darts in the skirt block and make drape magic happen.
- To make patterns for sophisticated skirt styles using straight and bias grain in such a clever way that you will flatter every backside.
- Pattern manipulation techniques that produce a variety of interesting drape skirt designs.
What You Get
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- A clear understanding of manipulating darts into drape detail for the skirt block.
- Training in the appropriate use of straight and bias grain for cutting these interesting designs.
- Experience using industry standard pattern making equipment and materials during the workshop at no extra charge.
- A detailed workbook covering all the days training, creative fashion design, demonstrations and much more
- A comprehensive materials and suppliers listing featuring Anita's favourite sources.
Using the basic skirt block you will transfer darts and make magic happen in your skirt patterns. Using straight and bias grain you will develop and cut patterns in such a clever way that you will flatter every backside.
This is an advanced one-day workshop is for students with good basic pattern making skills or the pre-requisite introductory workshop, Skirt Patterns. All of the styles have been made and tested and are from my own design development & production. Many of them are feaured as Pattern Puzzles on my blog: well-suited.
Emphasis is placed on achieving good fit utilising both straight and bias grain styles. The aim is to develop simple but elegant draping effects from flat patterns.
You will learn the use of grain, fabric and a quality finish to produce clever and sophisticated styles suitable for high-end fashion product.