Sunnyside Art House is pleased to announce that we now offer children’s art birthday parties.
Children will have their own private lesson where they will produce a wonderful piece of quality artwork to take home with them. Art parties can be based on the below activities or we can cater for the type of art you would like your child to do and the theme.
Activities can cater for boys, girls or mixed groups and are always age appropriate.
Date and Time: Parties are to be held on Saturday afternoons from 2-4pm (the time can be altered slightly however we do not hold parties on Sundays).
Option 1: Sunnyside Art House Studio (max 10 children). 33 Sunnyside Grove, Bentleigh, 3204.
Option 2: Your own home
Option 3: A hired venue of your choosing.
*External venues will need to supply tables
Supply your own food, cake and lolly bags as we do not provide food (for parties at Sunnyside Art House you can use the outside table for food , a marquee can be supplied in the event of rain). You will also need to bring your own plates, cups and napkins. Table cloths will be supplied. You are welcome to use the fridge and oven.
Food can be served either before or after the art activity or as a break in the middle of the party.
We can cater for up to 20 children (maximum of 10 if held at Sunnyside Art House). For parties with 12+ children you must supply 1-2 parents willing to assist with the activity or an extra $50 will be charged to hire another staff member.
*Siblings that are present yet do not participate in the art activities will not be charged.
The art activity will run for 1.5hrs. It is generally recommended to run the party from 2-4pm with a half hour at the end for food and cake.
Minimum cost is $250 for up to 12 children. $20 for each additional child. Includes all art materials and activities. The minimum cost applies if you have less than 12 children.
You can choose ONE Art Activity from the list below. If you have a certain theme or idea in mind or have seen something on my blog please feel free to discuss with me. I can do most lessons on my blog for 10 children yet some activities will be difficult with larger groups or may have an additional fee.
- Watercolour Painting. Children will produce two wonderful watercolour paintings using oil pastels and liquid watercolours. The first painting will be guided and direction will be given on drawing and watercolour techniques. The second painting is a free choice watercolour painting. You can choose from the following: Flowers, Seahorses, Underwater Seals, Turtles, Underwater Hippos, Portraits, Hearts. Click here, here, here and here for someexamples.
- Happy Penguins (& Cats). Children will produce a wonderful Collage picture of a very happy penguin with lots of accessories. The background will be painted and then we will use paper and other craft materials to create a colourful, happy penguin. Some children may also have time to produce a Happy Cat as well. Click here for some examples.
- Pottery / Clay. Children will create pinch pots and sculptures using paper clay (a type of air dry clay). Clay techniques will be taught. The finished creations will be painted and decorated with glitter, feathers and sequins. Parties at Sunnyside Art House may also have use of the pottery wheel. Click here for some examples.
- Acrylic Painting. Create a wonderful painting on a canvas board based on a theme such as flowers, animals, portraits, insects, sea animals. Drawing and painting instruction will be given. Click here for some examples.
- Rockets and Space. Create a sparkly picture of a rocket blasting off to space (includes a bit of splatter painting for the background). These will be produced on black wood panels using oil pastels, paint and glitter. Click here for some examples.
- Chalk Pastel Owls and Cats. Create a wonderful picture of a cat or owl (or both) using chalk pastels. These will be created on black paper using chalk pastels. Drawing guidance and pastel techniques will be taught. Click hereand here and here for some examples.
A $50 deposit is required to confirm your booking and date. The remainder of the fees can be paid into my bank account (details will be emailed to you) prior to the party.
- Children will have their own private lesson where they will produce a wonderful piece of quality artwork to take home with them.
- Art parties can be based on the below activities or we can cater for the type of art you would like your child to do and the theme.
- Activities can cater for boys, girls or mixed groups and are always age appropriate.
- You will also need to bring your own plates, cups and napkins. Table cloths will be supplied. You are welcome to use the fridge and oven.
- Supply your own food, cake and lolly bags as we do not provide food.
Children should come dressed in play clothes that can get messy (I do have some art smocks available however children are often more comfortable in just an old t-shirt).
Children can be aged 5 to 12 years
Vendor since 2015
Hi my name is Fiona and I've always loved Art, actually I wanted to be an art teacher when I was younger. I'm not quite sure what happened in high school yet instead of art I followed the science path and gained a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Genetics and Microbiology. This never stopped me from loving art and I was always pursuing some sort of artistic hobby. I remember spending my university lunchtimes at their pottery studio.
I may not be your typical art teacher, yet what I have is a passion for art and creativity. I believe its enthusiasm that counts and I always put my 100% into everything. I'm a Pinterest and blog junkie who loves finding new inspiration and ideas to help my students awaken their artistic spirits. Thank you to all those wonderful art teachers, bloggers and mums out there who share my passion and share their wonderful ideas. I love process art and I'm far more concerned about engagement and discovery rather than the final product. You may even find some science thrown into my classes!