Making your own sourdough bread. (4 hours class)
(+7 more dates)
Please note. WE ONLY ACCEPT STUDENTS FROM 15 YO ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT OR 16 YO ON THEIR OWN.
For the bread that you will make during this short class 4 hours, you will be using sourdough and you will learn how to make sourdough and look after it. After this course you will look at bread in a different way, and when you will have tasted it… you will really think twice and choose carefully where you buy your bread from or just continue making it yourself.
To really appreciate bread and make it right you need three ingredients: technique, patience (lots of it!) and love… If you have them all, I will turn you into a master baker.
In this course, you will learn how to make two different sourdough bread. Traditional French baguette and dark rye bread.
Element performance criteria
NOTE. this is a short class for 4 hours.
- Mixing (by hand and/or machine (your choice) and resting the different dough.
- Making sourdough.
- Shaping the dough into rolls, balls, loaf and assorted shapes.
- Proofing techniques.
- Baking techniques, (dry baking, steam baking).
- Guaranteed that you will know how to make the best baguette by the end of the course.
These recipes and techniques are the basis of most bread and will give you the knowledge to create a lot of variations from them.
What you will learn
- How to make different sourdough based dough
- How to make and keep your own sour dough., and all the basic secrets to succeed your own bread at home.
- Become a better baker at home throug professional learning.
What you will get
- These recipes and techniques are the basis of most bread and will give you the knowledge to create a lot of variations from them.
- Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products.
Free parking at the front of the school.
What to bring
- Just your love for baking (and baked goods!)
- Your camera and lunch
What to wear
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Welcome to your school.
All our classes are designed for beginners. You will feel at ease in any of the classes with other students of the same baking level as yours.
For all our training courses we use ingredients that will be easy for you to get from your shopping place.
The courses are designed to be delivered in an intensive few hours block. You do not need to book for a series,
The training you will receive is of a very high standard – equal to European standards (without the cost of flying there!) and you will have the opportunity to learn all about Pastry using the latest equipment and techniques direct from Europe. All the courses are designed for trade and public. Most courses do not require any prerequisite – the only requirement is that you are a food fanatic. Also, all the tools are provided, so you won’t need to buy any tools that you may not use again.
To achieve these high standards whilst catering for individual learning, class sizes will range from 1 student up to a maximum of 7 students, depending on the course.
Courses can be developed and tailored to suit your needs for both individuals and small groups. Instruction, training and/or demonstrations can be done at our premises or we can come to you if you have a sufficient number of students and adequate facilities.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses.
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a period of time, snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording and photos are permitted but do not include other students in your shots without asking them first.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break.
For a short class, 3 to 4 hours, we won't have time for a lunch break, but the will have a coffee break.
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks, cookies and breakfast bars will be available free of charge.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping centre. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- I sometimes take photos of the classes for my FB page, please let me know if you don't want to be included in the photos.
- Vouchers can be passed on to another person, but cannot be refunded.