Learn the art of hand tempering on marble, a traditional french technique. Today, most companies use machines to temper their chocolate, at the Sydney Chocolate School we teach you how to do it all by hand! This is a 3 hour theory lead and tempering pracitice course
You will make a chocolate slab, chocolate bar and hand-flaked hot chocolate. Every class involves 3 hand tempers so there is lots of hands on activity involved for everyone!
Learn about the science and history of chocolate as well as the botany of the cacao tree. You will get to taste a raw cocoa bean and learn the processing involved in transforming the cocoa bean into delicious chocolate!
Everyone leaves with a certificate as well as a sample bag of one of each item made on the day (and we all cheers with the hot chocolate at the end of the class!). Please note this course invoves theory and emphasis is on the learning of the technique of tempering. The 1.5 hour class of tempering and chocolate making is less theory based and more finished chocolate making. Therefore if you would like to book to MAKE chocolates and take MORE home, please book the 1.5 hour class as in the 3 hour class your fee go to paying for the instruction and theory elements.
Please note: We require a minimum number of 6 people to run this course. Should the numbers be less than this we will contact you to rearrange your booking for the next convenient class.
PLEASE NOTE A $10 ADMIN FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR BOOKING CHANGES.
ONLINE DATE BOOKINGS ONLY ACCEPTED. WE DO NOT OFFER A PHONE BOOKING SERVICE!!!
COVID-19 SCREENING AGREEMENT
BY BOOKING A DATE AT THE SYDNEY CHOCOLATE SCHOOL YOU ARE AGREEING AND UNDERSTAND THE BELOW FOR YOU (AND YOUR GUESTS WHERE APPLICABLE).
Dear guest, we look forward to welcoming you.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING A GUEST YOU MUST SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THEM.
Please note the below/ attached in line with our COVID-19 obligations; especially the bold highlighting of details we need BEFORE your event.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO THE SYDNEY CHOCOLATE SCHOOL
To protect the health and wellbeing of our workplace and assist in the containment of COVID-19, the following conditions of entry apply to all visitors and party/event guests in this building:
- You are currently not unwell (including cough, cold, or flu like symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste/ smell, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat).
- You are not ‘suspected’ or ‘confirmed’ as having COVID-19.
- You haven’t been in close contact with a person who is suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19.
- You have not travelled overseas or to Victoria in the last 30 days
- Ensure you wash and sterilise your hands at the outdoor toilet facilities at The Sydney Chocolate School before entering the building
- Only bring necessary items
- Attend your class with an apron, hair tied firmly back and own face mask if you have one (gloves will be provided and mask if necessary will be provided. Aprons are available for sale for $45)
- If raining, wait in car until 5 minutes before your class appointed time. Otherwise outdoor seating is provided until your class appointed time.
- Avoid touching common surfaces and do not touch packaging or chocolate stock unless purchasing.
- Have your temperature taken upon entry to The Sydney Chocolate School
- Contact The Sydney Chocolate School if you have any symptoms within two weeks following your school
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
- By attending your class/event, that all information above applies to you (and your guest/s) and is true and correct
- The Sydney Chocolate School will do everything possible to minimise the spread of Covid-19 but will not be held responsible if you should contract Covid-19
- Maintaining a social distance of 1.5 metres may NOT be possible during class but distance yourself where possible
- Your details are recorded and kept for 28 days for the purpose of contact tracing BEFORE your class on booking. It is your responsibility to email The Sydney Chocolate School a guest/ replacement person’s details to firstname.lastname@example.org if applicable
- Your class may be postponed/ rescheduled if necessary
If you cannot agree full to the above, we kindly ask you to contact the Sydney Chocolate School to adjust your guest list or date.
- Learn the art of hand tempering on marble
- Learn all about the botanics of the cacao tree and the history of chocolate
- Learn how to make a chocolate slab, a chocolate bar and a hand flaked hot chocolate.
- A certificate
- A small goody bag of one of each sample to take home (drink the hot chocolate!)
- Instruction and theory based course on the art of tempering and history of chocolate
- An apron and face mask (otherwise mask and gloves provided)
- If you have long hair please tie it back
- Money for parking, if arriving by car
- Wear non-slip shoes that also cover your toes (no heels!)
- Directions! Please look up our address before your school - we are hard to find! All details are in the attachments.
Everyone over 14 years
A full Covid-19 Agreement will be issued on booking.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sydney Chocolate School or organised by Sydney Chocolate School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sydney Chocolate School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sydney Chocolate School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sydney Chocolate School classes and events or on Sydney Chocolate School's premises. (For use of Sydney Chocolate School marketing materials).
Sydney Chocolate School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CLAUSE
Name of Event: Sydney Chocolate School
Property addresses: The Sydney Chocolate School & Coco Chocolate Studio - Building 21, 1110 Middle Head Rd, Mosman
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by Rebecca Kerswell and staff employed by The Sydney Chocolate School and Coco Chocolate for the event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me on sites including my travelling to and from events/ tasks involved in the event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Rebecca Kerswell and any staff employed by The Sydney Chocolate School and Coco Chocolate(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event. The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
By booking this class, you automatically agree to the full Terms and Conditions contained within this ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CLAUSE and also agree to allow images taken at your party to be published by Coco Chocolate/The Sydney Chocolate School.