Comprehensive 8-week beginners digital SLR, hybrid and micro photography course
Enrol in Sydney’s most comprehensive digital photography course designed for beginners by professional photographers.
This beginners photography course is run in the evenings from 7pm – 9pm:
- 1 night per week for 8 weeks PLUS a 3 hour Field Trip.
- Run from our studio in Alexandria OR West Pymble
Boutique experience with a maximum of 12 students per class
Do you want to finally take control of your digital camera?
Come and learn from the professionals and find out why our Sydney digital photography courses book out!
If you are beginner with a digital SLR, hybrid or micro camera with manual capabilities and you want to take high quality digital images for a hobby, work, or to kick start a career in photography, then this is the photography course for you.
We explain the intricacies of the digital world in plain english, leaving you confident with your newly acquired technical and artistic skills. You will leave your digital photography course competent to shoot anything from portraits, products, landscapes, travel, or whichever genre you choose.
This course is an all encompassing one which covers every aspect of photography over a full 19 hours of tuition with one of our professional photographers.
Previous experience is not necessary for this course!
Understand your digital camera better through our digital photography course
On the 5th week of your workshop there is a *3 hour field trip around Sydney’s Harbour Foreshore late on the Sunday afternoon. This trip covers daylight, dusk, sunset and night photography where you practice all you have learnt with the support of your Tutor. All of this in addition to the studio demonstrations and practicals, allowing you to learn as you shoot.
On the final week of your digital photography course we examine the best of your imagery in a stunning digital slide show accompanied by music, nibbles, bubbly, beer, wine and soft drinks where we unwind and say farewell. We also have fantastic prizes from our sponsors on offer to some of our participants who make it into our ‘Top 30’ exhibition of images from your intake!
This course is for participants with any digital camera that has capability of shooting in manual mode. This is a ‘hands-on’ practical and fun digital photography course whether you are new to photography or making the transition from a ‘point and shoot’ compact camera or smartphone.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the afternoon of your Field Trip. This may lead to the Field Trip being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The Field Trip may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- Introduction to the digital camera & equipment
- Taking full control of your camera
- Shutter speed
- Working with movement
- Controlling depth
- Accurate & creative exposure techniques
- Using the histogram
- Understanding white balance
- Low light and night photography
- Working with flash
- Workflow techniques & pro tips
- Converting files for internet & printing
- Storytelling techniques
1 night per week for 8 weeks PLUS a 3 hour Field Trip 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- Take high quality digital images for a hobby, work, or to kick start a career in photography.
- Shoot anything from portraits, products, landscapes, travel, or whichever genre you choose.
- A 3 hour field trip (in addition to your classes) covers daylight, dusk, sunset and night photography.
- Professional Photographer for 19 hours tuition
- Workbook with detailed notes / notepad
- Light refreshments available throughout the evening (includes water, tea & coffee)
- Final night visual review catered with nibbles, bubbly, beer, wine and softdrinks
- Studio equipment for demonstrations
- 3 hour photographic expedition field trip with comprehensive demonstrations throughout
- A complimentary copy of ‘Australian Photography + Digital’ magazine
- A complimentary copy of ‘Capture’ magazine
- A digital SLR or any other camera with full manual capability.
- Memory card(s)
- Any camera accessories you may have – i.e: tripod, lens hood, etc.
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your camera's manual – for referencing those hard to find features
- Note: A tripod and lens hood are strongly recommended. If you do not already have these you should consider purchasing them at your earliest convenience as they are an essential part of any good photography kit.
Casual, comfortable clothing
Previous experience is not necessary for this course! Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
Vendor sincce 2016
Sydney Photographic Workshops offers a wide range of photography workshops for you to choose from. Whether it’s a specific topic like people or travel, or an introduction to DSLR photography, our workshops & courses are designed to suit any skill level.
Browse through our selection of Sydney based photography workshops and courses to see which fits your needs. If you’re still stuck, contact us and one of our professional team will advise you on what photography workshop or course will be the best fit.