Beginners digital SLR, hybrid and micro photography workshop
This beginner photography workshop is run on various Saturday afternoons throughout the year.
Runs from 12:00pm to 4:00pm OR (1:00pm to 5:00pm during daylight saving)
Designed as an ideal introduction to the exciting world of digital photography, a perfect refresher lesson, or simply an opportunity to get out and practice under the guidance of a working pro photographer. In this half day photography workshop your tutor will take you to better known and also some hidden photographic locations around the Sydney Harbour Foreshore.
MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 10
A great start for beginners or those who’d like to be re-introduced to photography
You will learn what all of the different shooting modes of your camera are used for and how they can be applied to essential photographic techniques. Starting at the very beginning, we introduce you to your camera, lenses and other essential items that comprise a good photographic kit. This introduction to digital photography workshop then logically progresses to giving you an understanding of the operation of your camera in manual mode where you will gain true creative control.
Stimulate your creative eye
The ‘Photography Essentials’ workshop will stimulate your creative eye by introducing you to simple compositional techniques as well as developing an understanding of working with various lighting conditions, a main key of photography. We will help you to develop the ability to pre-visualise a photograph and create some amazing images of sights around iconic Sydney around the Harbour Foreshore.
This introduction to photography workshop is suitable for any camera with full manual capability including SLR, Hybrid or Micro.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- Understanding your camera
- Introduction to the kit
- Lens selection if you have more than one
- Shooting modes explained
- Focus techniques
- Aperture & Shutter Priority
- Controlling colour
- Developing the photographic ‘eye’
- Understanding & working with light
- Portrait & landscape techniques
- Compositional tips
- Controlling exposure
- Shooting in manual mode
12:00pm to 4:00pm (1:00pm to 5:00pm during daylight saving)
- Learn what all of the different shooting modes of your camera are used for and how they can be applied to essential photographic techniques.
- Get an introduction to your camera, lenses and other essential items that comprise a good photographic kit.
- Understand the operation of your camera in manual mode where you will gain true creative control.
- 4 hours tuition with a working professional photographer
- Your camera(s)
- Any lenses you have that you would like to experiment with
- Lens hood (if you have one)
- Memory card(s)
- Any camera accessories you may have
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual – for referencing those hard to find features
- Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
Absolute beginners are welcome. Also a perfect refresher lesson.
Vendor since 2016
Sydney Photographic Workshops offers a wide range of photography workshops for you to choose from. Whether it’s a specific topic like people or travel, or an introduction to DSLR photography, our workshops & courses are designed to suit any skill level.
Browse through our selection of Sydney based photography workshops and courses to see which fits your needs. If you’re still stuck, contact us and one of our professional team will advise you on what photography workshop or course will be the best fit.