Portrait and fashion workshop with Master Photographer, Daniel Linnet
This photography workshop is run on various Saturdays throughout the year, From 9:00am to 6:30pm.
This Premium Workshop is designed for anyone who wants to excel at impactful portrait photography. Whether you want to shoot fashion models, loved ones or even corporate portraits, you will learn to use natural portrait lighting effects and in addition gain many handy posing, compositional and focusing tips. We construct a series of ‘pro-shoots’ in various stimulating and exciting locations around Sydney. This portrait photography workshop encompasses skills you will need for beautiful fashion photography. You will shoot practically the entire day under the close supervision, guidance and instruction of your tutor, Daniel Linnet, AIPP Master Photographer & Canon EOS Master
MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 10
Our premium portrait photography workshop Covers portraits for fashion, including models and loads more
The photography workshop begins by fuelling your inspiration with a presentation of outstanding portrait imagery and provision of a brief for the day to get your creative juices flowing. We utilise fabulous, friendly professional models for a beauty and fashion photography shoot and Sydney based actors for character portraits who make you feel at ease. You are served up a sumptuous catered working lunch and snacks throughout the day. This portrait photography workshop is social, inspirational, educational and fun!
This fun filled day will provide you with the skills and confidence to take ‘picture perfect’ portrait photography. Suitable for any DSLR or hybrid camera with interchangable lenses.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Basic overview of some of the topics:
- The kit
- Preparing to shoot
- Making the creative decisions
- Exposure control
- Creating mood
- White balance techniques for accurate colour
- Working with depth & movement
- Creative composition & framing techniques
- Lens selection
- Background selection
- Portrait lighting techniques
- Lighting styles & directions
- Contrast control & lighting ratios
- Using scrims & reflectors
- Interacting with your subject
- Environmental portraiture – working within the environment
- Location lighting techniques
- Working within any lighting environment
- Using flash on location
- Natural & creative flash techniques
THIS IS A PREMIMUM WORKSHOP AND REQUIRES PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE
You will need to know your way around your camera or have completed a basic or beginners photography course.
Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
This workshop starts and finishes here at our Studio at 7 Mitchell Road, Alexandria, NSW, 2015. We travel to various locations around Sydney during the day and transport WILL BE PROVIDED.
9 hours tuition
- How to shoot portraits confidently through a series of demonstration and 'hands on' shoots under the guidance of internationally acclaimed Master Photographer, Daniel Linnet, AIPP
- Multi award winning Master Photographer / Tutor
- Photographers Assistant
- A professional and friendly fashion / beauty model
- A professional actor / character model
- A Host & Stylist
- Tutorial & objective brief for the days shoots
- Light refreshments throughout the day (includes water, juices & snacks)
- Lighting & reflectors where required
- Studio equipment
- Transport van (where required)
- Wardrobe & costumes
- Fully catered working lunch
- Location fees
- An SLR or Hybrid camera with interchangable lenses with full manual capability
- All lenses you have
- Plenty of varied films at different ISO ratings if shooting film
- Memory card(s) if shooting digital
- All camera accessories – i.e: tripod, lens filters, lens hood, etc. if you have them
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual(s) – for referencing those hard to find features
Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
You will need to know your way around your camera or have completed a basic or beginners photography course. Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
Vendor since 2016
Sydney Photographic Workshops offers a wide range of photography workshops for you to choose from. Whether it’s a specific topic like people or travel, or an introduction to DSLR photography, our workshops & courses are designed to suit any skill level.
Browse through our selection of Sydney based photography workshops and courses to see which fits your needs. If you’re still stuck, contact us and one of our professional team will advise you on what photography workshop or course will be the best fit.