Get the best shot possible with this fantastic one day Speedlite workshop
Runs on various Saturdays throughout the year, 8am to 6pm.
Learn how to control light and create stunning images you never thought possible. This workshop is designed to take you from zero Speedlite knowledge to confidently handling and being creative with your single Speedlite or multiple units off camera. Spend an inspirational, educational and creative day with internationally acclaimed Master Photographer, Daniel Linnet, AIPP, as he introduces you to the exciting world of Speedlite lighting. This Sydney based Speedlite Photography Workshop will teach you all the basics to get you started and is filled with practical real-world techniques that will have you shooting like a pro in no time. This workshop is ‘hands on’ and we provide each participant with plenty of practical shooting time to hone your newfound skills.
MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 8
Enjoy this ‘hands on’ Premium Speedlite Workshop experience by shooting most of the day away!
On the day of your Speedlite workshop Daniel will set up a series of professional shoots and discuss and demonstrate how and why he is making the decisions he is making. You will gain ‘hands on’ experience in designing and creating your own professional images. This is an exciting, fun and inspirational day of shooting.
Utilising 2 different models during the day in different lighting scenarios on different sets, we cover all of the theory and practical to get you started as well as plenty of pro tips to take you well beyond the basics and into pro level. This workshop is suitable for any DSLR or Hybrid camera with interchangable lenses and full manual capability.
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Overview of some of the topics:
- Speedlite Basics
- Exposure theory
- Working with TTL (Through The Lens)
- Creative ‘on camera’ flash
- Fill flash
- Off Camera Flash
- Roaming flash techniques
- Switching to manual
- Finding exposure
- Getting creative
- Single light techniques
- Lighting directions
- Emulating window light
- Light shapers (soft boxes, brollies and snoots)
- Controlling mood
- Multi Flash Setups
- The lighting triangle
- Lighting ratios
- Lighting the background (Mood it up / Blow it out)
- Studio lighting techniques
- The studio portrait
- Lighting for the Environment
- Environmental portraits
- Lighting for the environment (area lighting)
- Getting Creative
- Gels and gobos
- Breaking the rules (creating flare)
- Light Anything
- Food lighting with a single flash
- Flash duration
- Speedlite techniques for weddings and events
- Speedlite techniques for beauty
THIS IS A PREMIUM WORKSHOP AND REQUIRES PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE
The Speedite lighting workshop is not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
8:00AM to 6:00PM on various Saturday's
- Go from zero Speedlite knowledge to confidently handling and being creative with your single Speedlite or multiple units off camera.
- 2 Professional and friendly models
- Host attending to all of your catering needs
- Professional photography assistant
- Hair & Make up artist
- Tutorial & brief for the days shoots
- Light refreshments throughout the day (includes water, tea, coffee, juice & snacks)
- All lighting and studio equipment
- Wardrobe and costumes/outfits
- Professional internationally acclaimed Master Photographer / Tutor, Daniel Linnet, AIPP for 10 hours tution
- Fully catered working lunch
- All the lenses you have
- Your speedlites if you have some – if not – don’t worry, you can use ours
- Memory Card(s)
- All camera accessories – i.e: tripod, lens filters, lens hood, etc. if you have them
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual(s) – for referencing those hard to find features
- Your camera
Dress casual & comfortable with comfortable shoes
This is a premimum workshop and requires prior photographic experience. Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
Vendor sincce 2016
Sydney Photographic Workshops offers a wide range of photography workshops for you to choose from. Whether it’s a specific topic like people or travel, or an introduction to DSLR photography, our workshops & courses are designed to suit any skill level.
Browse through our selection of Sydney based photography workshops and courses to see which fits your needs. If you’re still stuck, contact us and one of our professional team will advise you on what photography workshop or course will be the best fit.