Travel Photography Course for any DSLR or Hybrid Camera
This photography workshop is run on various Saturdays throughout the year.
Runs from 9:00am to 6:30pm OR (11:00am to 8:30pm during daylight saving).
A must for the traveller, this travel photography workshop is designed to inspire you and deliver the skills you will need to develop a beautiful and stunning reportage of your travels or photo-documentary journal. The travel photography workshop begins at our studio with a presentation of outstanding imagery & instructional tutorial to ensure you are well equipped and prepared to begin your journey before we head off to various exciting locations around Sydney. You are encouraged to shoot the entire day away under the close supervision, guidance and instruction of your prime tutor, Benjamin Lee.
MAXIMUM NO. OF STUDENTS PER CLASS IS 10
Take great travel photos on your next trip!
Ben has held several impressive exhibitions of his well-documented travels through the Australian outback featuring landscapes and people. He has travelled extensively through the UK, Ireland, Turkey, Thailand, India, Nepal and Africa . He is backed by an additional professional photographer and a hostess attending to all of your catering needs throughout the day.
This workshop is suitable for any digital SLR or Hybrid camera with interchangable lenses.
Your travel photography workshop will wind down with a sunset landscape shoot where you are served up a lovely cheese platter accompanied by bubbly!
NOT SUITABLE FOR COMPACT CAMERAS WITHOUT FULL MANUAL CAPABILITY.
*A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
Basic overview of some of the topics covered:
- Equipment familiarisation
- Apertures & focusing
- Planning for the unexpected
- Compositional techniques
- Working with movement
- Portraiture techniques
- Pre-visualisation of project
- Building a photo essay
- Shooting for black & white
- Researching subject matter
- Social commentary
- Working with various ISO’s
- F16 rule
- Working with light (light quality)
You will need to know your way around your camera or have completed a basic or beginners photography course.
Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
9:00am to 6:30pm (11:00am to 8:30pm during daylight saving)
- Working with movement
- Equipment familiarisation, apertures & shutter speeds & focusing
- Compositional techniques and all you will need to get you shooting great shots on your next holiday!
- Professional and experienced Travel Photographer / Tutor
- 2nd Photographer Assisting
- Host for the day
- Tutorial & objective brief for the days shoots
- Light refreshments throughout the day (includes water, juice & snacks)
- Sumptuous catered lunch
- Location fees or park entry fees where applicable
- Transport van to all locations
- Your Camera(s)
- All lenses you have
- Plenty of varied films at different ISO ratings if shooting film
- Memory Card(s) if shooting digital
- All camera accessories – i.e: tripod, lens filters, lens hood, etc. if you have them
- Fully charged camera battery and spare if you have one
- Your cameras manual(s) – for referencing those hard to find features
Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
You will need to know your way around your camera or have completed a basic or beginners photography course. Not suitable for compact cameras without full manual mode.
Vendor sincce 2016
Sydney Photographic Workshops offers a wide range of photography workshops for you to choose from. Whether it’s a specific topic like people or travel, or an introduction to DSLR photography, our workshops & courses are designed to suit any skill level.
Browse through our selection of Sydney based photography workshops and courses to see which fits your needs. If you’re still stuck, contact us and one of our professional team will advise you on what photography workshop or course will be the best fit.