Learn from third generation couturier Tatyana Anderson (Tatyana Design and Tatyana's School of Couture) !
This two day workshop will have you successfully constructing your very own camisole!
2 Day Workshop – Lace-trimmed Silk Camisole
(Limited to a maximum of six participants)
This workshop will give you the confidence to create stunning and beautiful one-off lingerie. Make a silk camisole while learning a few couture finishing techniques along the way.
We will start by looking at patterns and fabrics learning how to distinguish which patterns are suitable for fine fabrics. Next we’ll discuss suitable laces and small decorative details such as roses, ribbons and bows. Finally some decisions about shoulder strap options.
We will then talk about cutting slippery and delicate fabrics and cut our camisole! Plus learn how to handle bias-cut fabric without stretching it. The fun part is next – decoration! You will determine where/how to place your lace and make some decisions about how seductive you want to be (ie how much skin to show or not). Then the hem – the last finishing detail. Again some decisions to make according to personal preferences.
- Pattern is included as a part of the workshop.
- Camisole kits available to purchase from our website
- PS This class is intended for intermediate sewers.
- Working with bias cut silk and delicate lace, garment construction, hemming and decorating
- Step-by-step instruction and pattern included
- Silk charmeuse/Silk satin; Lace; Narrow lingerie elastic; Sewing machine; Needles; Pins; Thread; Scissors; Tailors Chalk; Long ruler; Weights; Duck beak scissors; Long turning hook; Brow tweezers; Optional additional decorations
- More detailed list of tools and fabric will be provided on booking
Be comfortable and try and wear a contrasting colour to your lace ;)
This is designed for Intermediate sewers
Vendor since 2020
Learn how to create your own custom fitted, stunning and original garments for a unique wardrobe.
Tatyana shares the best kept secrets of couture design and manufacture with her students showing you how to create beautiful and wearable works of art.
Tatyana is a skilled and patient teacher imparting years of specialist knowledge to her students. Her classes de-mystify the art of couture garment construction and the result for her students will be garments that are made to fit and flatter. Lovers of fine fabrics and quality laces will learn the techniques needed to master these tricky textiles.
Learn the art of creating the Basic Blocks – a base set of patterns which form the foundation of all clothing.
Your individual Basic Block, created using your own measurements, will help you create clothing where the fit will be consistently reliable and comfortable.
Courses to suit every level of skill are available – from the very beginner sewer, to advanced expert, to pattern block making and many specialised classes.
Classes are small to enable every student to gain individual attention. Interstate and international students are catered for through the provision of sewing machines and specialised tools. Kits are available for purchase for many of the classes – with exclusive imported fabrics and laces and everything you need to complete your beautiful garments.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Tatyana's School of Couture requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Tatyana's School of Couture has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Tatyana's School of Couture does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Tatyana's School of Couture to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Tatyana's School of Couture, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Tatyana's School of Couture or organised by Tatyana's School of Couture must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Tatyana's School of Couture
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Tatyana's School of Couture unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Tatyana's School of Couture classes and events or on Tatyana's School of Couture premises. (For use of Tatyana's School of Couture marketing materials).
Tatyana's School of Couture requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Tatyana's School of Couture, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Delicate Nothings- French Knickers Online WorkshopWed, 14 Oct 10:00AM (AEDT) (1 more date)