What to expect in your German course
The German Beginner course 1B is based on the knowledge of our first beginner course and is also a good starting point if you want your existing knowledge brushed up. You will learn how to shop around, learn about food, welcome a German family and ask them if they need anything. You will be able to tell people what you need, what is important to you and what not.
We will talk about nationalities in general and how to say where you are from and ask others which country they would like to visit next. We want to talk about how your live and do some furniture shopping. You will get a deeper understanding of the German culture.
The grammar you will be learning
In this course you will learn about a big grammar topic: nouns in the accusative case, personal pronouns in the accusative case, articles as demonstratives, countries and nationalities.
How long a course?
The course will be completed in either 10 lessons (5 or 6 students), 9 lessons (4 students) or 8 lessons (3 students) and will start when the minimum number of 3 students has signed up for the course.
About German Beginner Courses
- Each German Beginner Course will be 1.5 hour lessons one night a week.
- The course will be completed in either 10 lessons (5 or 6 students), 9 lessons (4 students) or 8 lessons (3 students).
- The minimum number of students is 3, the maximum number is 6.
- The course is located in Brunswick, close to the Melbourne CBD, easy accessible via tram, train, car and bicycle.
Not sure about your skill level?
- How to say where you are from and ask others which country they would like to visit next.
- How to talk about how you live and do some furniture shopping.
- Get a deeper understanding of the German culture.
- At least 8 lessons (min. 3 students), 1.5 hour lessons one night a week.
- Nothing, really.
- We'll have pencils and paper for you.
Vendor sincce 2015
We believe that anyone can learn a language. It’s just about knowing how.
German classes in Melbourne
We have been helping others to learn German for several years, first in Germany and now in the North of Melbourne.
We have helped to: take off from scratch; boost existing knowledge; pass exams; shrug off the fear of speaking; become friends with the German grammar, make learning more enjoyable; assist in finding the right memorising technique; take the next step; finally get better; learn German for life.
Have a chat in German. Not all of our students take tests. Many just want to be able to converse in German with family and friends, on their travel in a German speaking country. Some would even love to live in Germany one day.
Some take German tests. Our students that take tests seem to pass quite well though. Here are a couple of results from the end of 2014:
- Our last VCE student made it into the best 8% of her year in her VCE exam in 2014. Those 8% are counting English-German bilingual students as well.
- Our last student taking the A 1.1 exam to obtain an Austrian spouse visa in December 2014 reached 92 out of 100 possible points.
Where we teach. Our courses are held at changing locations, depending on the course time and course size.
So far, we have run our courses in and around Brunswick, at or near our base, a cute family house close to Sydney Road in Brunswick. Car parking, train and tram stations are just around the corner.