Smartphone Photography On Line
Duration 2 hrs
The Smartphone is revolutionising photography and very quickly becoming the standard for picture making. Most people under-utilise its potential as a creative camera.
Smartphones are ideal for capturing and sharing our everyday experiences and we’ll show you how to use your phone’s sophisticated technology together with free apps to open up a world of creative photography.
Aperture Club’s Smartphone Photography Workshop will give you the confidence to use your camera-phone for creative image making.
We’ll explore the methods and approaches professional photographers use to make informed, creative decisions using mood and emotion—and you’ll come away with new skills that will boost your creative confidence.
Tutor: An experienced smartphone photographer
Time: 2 hrs
Smartphone camera, pros & cons
Easy shortcuts to camera settings
Tips and tricks to using a smartphone
Smartphone Camera Controls
Composition and the 'point of interest'
Observation: How to find interesting things to photographs.
Observation: How to think about light
Smartphone trends and simple creative tricks
Smartphone camera apps
Simple post-photo adjustments
What should I bring?
Your smartphone. With room to take lots photos.
Your Smartphone. Fully charged, (bring a battery pack or mobile charger if you have it)
If you would like to bring an extra battery for your phone please note you can purchase batteries from your telecommunications dealer or other selected stores.
A computer with either a built in mic and camera or a webcam.
Not a problem we come to your computer.
What you will learn
- Smartphone camera, pros & cons Easy shortcuts to camera settings Tips and tricks to using a smartphone Smartphone Camera Controls Composition and the 'point of interest' Observation: How to find interesting things to photographs. Observation: How to think about light Smartphone trends and simple creative tricks Smartphone camera apps Simple post-photo adjustments
What you will get
- TUTORS: A professional photographer
- Detailed Aperture Club course notes will be emailed on completion of this photography workshop.
What to bring
- A computor
What to wear
Suitable for beginners to experienced amateurs
Vendor since 2015
The Aperture Club runs photography workshops and tours that allow you to develop your creativity, meet like-minded people and be part of an evolving exciting club with endless possibilities.
The Aperture Club is a social classroom of practical and interactive learning.
The various photography workshops, tours, day and weekend excursions are designed to create an environment that helps you think like a photographer, understand observation and learn to capture what you see.
Discover your passion or just becoming more knowledgeable with your camera.
Allow yourself to explore new techniques and to develop a new understanding of photography.
Being part of The Aperture Club also allows you to get away from regular life, spend uninterrupted time meeting new friends, identify your interests and enjoy the fun and adventure of photography.
We look forward to you growing with us…
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Aperture Club or organised by The Aperture Club must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Aperture Club.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Aperture Club unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Aperture Club classes and events or on The Aperture Club's premises. (For use of The Aperture Club marketing materials).
The Aperture Club requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1). Registration and Payment
Full payment (and any associated extra’s and booking fees) must be paid in full at the time of booking to ensure your place on the photography workshop or special event.
2). Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If a photography workshop or special event is cancelled by us, or re-scheduled due to bad weather or any other emergency you can re-book onto another scheduled date for the same workshop or special event. If no alternative date is available a refund will be provided and must be accepted a full and final settlement.
2. If you need to cancel a workshop or special event, this must be made in writing (email) and the following cancellations fees will apply;
a. If cancelled 15 days (or more) in advance of the workshop or special event date, the cancellation fee is 50%.
b. No refund is available if you cancel 14 days (or less) before the start date of the workshop or special event.
3. The Aperture Club is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
Through the course of the day, images of the group including individual participants may be taken and subsequently used for marketing of The Aperture Club. Please inform us prior to the photography workshop or special event if you prefer to be excluded from any images used to market The Aperture Club. Requests need to be made in writing (email) in advance of the workshop or special event start date.
4). Gift Vouchers – Conditions of Use
1. Gift vouchers are to be redeemed by person named on the voucher only and can be exchanged for any workshop or special event offered through The Aperture Club.
2. Gift vouchers can not be redeemable for cash.
3. Gift vouchers may be used as part or full payment for any workshop or special event. If the fees are more than the amount specified on the voucher the bearer of the voucher must pay the additional fees, being the difference between the value of the voucher and the total cost of the workshop or special event being booked. If the cost of the workshop or special event is less than the amount specified on the voucher, no refund is provided.
3. Gift Vouchers must be redeemed with 365 days of the date of purchase.
5). Workshop Schedule and Agenda
All photography workshops and special event schedules and plans are subject to change at our discretion depending upon, but not limited to, adverse weather, health and safety considerations, or any other factor as determined by us.
6). Limit of Liability
The Aperture Club; Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario and Warren Smith accept no liability for death, illness, accident or injury or loss or damage to photo equipment or personal belongings during the course of any workshop or special event, or in transit thereto. We do not accept any responsibility for loss or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop or special event due to exceptional circumstances. The Aperture Club’s liability shall be limited to the total value of the workshop or special event. The Aperture Club is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss. By booking and paying for any workshop or special event offered by The Aperture Club, participants acknowledge that they are aware of the risks of personal injury and deem themselves physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop or special event. Further they release The Aperture Club, Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario, Warren Smith, guest presenters, guest speakers, assistants, trainees and models from all liability for death, injury, illness, accident or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in the workshop or special event.
7). Your Agreement to this contract
In reserving a place on the photography workshop or special event and paying the appropriate fee/s, you agree to accept all of the above terms and conditions. The person who makes the booking does so on behalf of all of the individuals included in that booking; all are bound by the same terms and conditions.
For terms and conditions associated with a Meetup, please refer to the general ‘Terms and Conditions’ listed on the Meetup website, which you agreed to when you registered as a Member of Meetup.